"thumbprint" REMOVAL

gazmosis

We are all aware that on the original armor there was only a "thumbprint" on the left bicep. Most armor you get now has them on both...except TM. Has any one "coaxed" their thumbprint out with a hobby iron or another heat source for more accuracy? I hope my information is up to date. Please put me up to date if it is not.

I used the hobby Iron on my right bicep (see pix below) I just heated the "thumbprint" up and made it contour back to more of a flat state, then sanded (wet or dry sandpaper) and used Novas plastic polish.

GER8TA6.jpg

But a few months ago, I did the same thing with a heat gun to one of my Garrison mate's ATA right bicep. I think that it turned out great. I will try to get some pix for him to show how it turned out... note the heat gun method is a little tricky, but I did not have to sand at all...

Nice!!!! I would think that if you had something "bicep shaped" inside and did this before gluing the halves together...gently heating it a little at a time and pressing against whatever is hard and bicep shaped, it might turn out well.

Great job though...and thanks for chiming in, Tom!!

That's what Brian Muir said. The thumb print was not present on his sculpts, and somehow was added in between he finished the plaster sculpt and the vacuum forming tools were made.