Shin problem, recommendations?

lmr

All right. So I just got my RT-MOD in the mail, and now I'm poking around with the pieces, seeing how they fit together and making sure my paunch doesn't inhibit wearing it. No problems anywhere but my calves. Right here is a picture of the front taped together and the backs as close to each other as they can get. As you can see, they don't touch, least of all overlap.

SFztKvz.jpg

So what do I do with this?

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

You got some beefy calves my friend! It looks like until all that running and calf workouts you are doing(right?) pays off, you'll need to build a shim that will bridge that gap. It's common for the calf to just touch on the bottom but have a gap at the top. Make your shim to conform to this by being larger at the top as well. So it'll look like a tall tri-angle. Velcro it in so when you calves shrink, you can remove it.

If only workouts would help, that baby is all muscle. My fat has a tendency to cluster right on my belly.

Does anyone have a picture of a shim in the calf, so I can see what I'll be doing?

Sorry, my camera just died on me. And yes, very beefy calves. I have a horrible time finding boots. Made my experience with WW2 Russian reenacting a real hassle.

I think I can get by with a butt joint in front and a shim in back. I'm just worried about how the devil to go about making a shim, I'm rather new to this sort of thing.