Attaching scope rail on a doopy E-11

Woulf

Hey all,

just a quick question, may have been posted some where, but after going thru a ton of E-11 builds, i'm still at a loss. When attaching the scope rail to your resin E-11, how does one secure the front of the rail?

I've seen that everyone uses a screw to attach the back of the rail thru the rear sight, but how do you attach the front? I see that a hole is made in the spot of blaster where rail goes, and rail has a notched end, bent at a 90 degree, and inserted in the hole. But is just presure against the front rail holding it in place, or is it glued, or is it something else?

Thanks for insight, and sorry if this has been detailed somewhere else.

I make the front of the sight rails on my doopy do e-11's

by putting the front into the last top hole. I cut a notch for the full width of the 3/4" aluminum flat bar across the top last hole.

then with the pvc inner barrel in place I seat the front of the sight rail against the inner barrel, inside the notch. this holds the sight rail

in the horizontal axis though the notch, and on the vertical axis the rail presses against the inner barrel.

then on the outside of the barrel shoud, I glue the sight rail edges of the notch that the rail is placed in, at the last top vent hole.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 8 months later...
On 11/17/2011 at 11:41 AM, MartinSivertsen said:

Here's what I did for my Doopydoo's build, and it sits secure as hell:----------

That is the method I used, note the slight, bend going forward on the front of the rail, that angle with the screw in the back will be very secure.