Question about under armor, ... Where to buy?

Greetings everyone! I am fairly new to FISD, and hope at some point to become a full fledged 501st member. I'm currently in the process

of gathering all of the little items and will probably buy armor after the first of the year when taxes come back.

In regards to under armor I'm curious what the general consensus is on 1 piece versus 2 piece? Once that question has been answered, where might be the best place to buy??

Thanks in advance for all of the wisdom of those who have gone before!

Hambo70

Depending on where you live will depend on wheather or not you will need cold gear. You really can't touch the stuff for under $50 per piece. It's available at any sports authority or dick's. If you need cold gear, take into consideration your armor build and make your arms with a tad bit more room...especially your biceps. Not much but a little. just make sure to fit your armor with the underclothes on.

I highly recommend eastbay.com. At last check they were still having 2 items for $30 +shipping. Mine came to about $38 all together. Very comfortable and light for warm weather. If you need they sell cold weather too but I think they are more.

Darkside,...looks like we might both be in similar situations. I appreciate the heads up on eastbay.com , I'll check them out. Good luck with the upcoming build!!

Matt

Depending on where you live will depend on wheather or not you will need cold gear. You really can't touch the stuff for under $50 per piece. It's available at any sports authority or dick's. If you need cold gear, take into consideration your armor build and make your arms with a tad bit more room...especially your biceps. Not much but a little. just make sure to fit your armor with the underclothes on.

Steve,

Good to hear from you again! Living in south central Ohio, I'm guessing cold gear wouldn't be a bad idea. We've got plenty of sporting good stores in the area so I'll be checking them out soon. Based on your reply, I'm guessing you went with the 2 piece setup. I am curious though ... I haven't seen too much info on balaclavas ... Are they mandatory or optional??

Thanks again for looking out for this newbie!!

Matt

Compression gear or Skin dive suits are excellent for summer temps. Extreme racing gear is good for colder temps as it's cotton. (I have heard some people have problems with their arms fitting snugly though) I would assume the cold gear is good for that also, but I have not tried it out. Compression gear can be purchased at any sports equipment store online or locally. You can even get lucky and find the cheaper stuff at Wallyworld or Target. Skin dive suits you can grab them from any diving retailer such as Diver's Direct.

brought these myself very nice fit indeed plus i also brought a cool max balaclava that matches these 2 as well and all fits like a glove

-------

all these links are uk based but im pretty sure u would b able to get them every where??

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks to everyone for the input, you've given me a number of options to consider. I knew these forums would be helpful, but on an individual basis everyone has been so accommodating. I look forward to the day that I can suit up and actually troop with some of you!

If it's really cold just wear long thermal underwear under your body suit. That's what I do on a real cold troop. I can deal with sweltering heat in my armor--yeah it's miserable, but I can deal with it. But cold I absolutely can not handle. If I was living waaay up north I would probably be trying to figure out some way to fleece line my armor!! :snowtrooper:

Edited by Laspector

---------

So i didnt buy my under armor yet, but i went to the store to try it on to see what size i would need for the top. Is this too baggy? The smaller size was a tiny bit too small and i feel this size is a tiny bit too big. Any thoughts? THANKS!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Also, there should be no visible markings on it, at least none that can be seen when in full armor. So you may end up having to remove or color-in the Underarmor logo.