ATA Back,Kidney,Butt Help please

Skater

Good day all :)

I am so close to finishing my TK I can almost smell the blaster residue. My big sticking point is the back. From all the screen shots I have seen, and I have seen many, it appears that the butt, kidney and back plate should almost touch. My issue is I'm a bit long in the torso so to achieve the proper gap the top of the back plate is about three inches down from my shoulders. The shoulder straps don't come close to reaching.

Any suggestions other than taking out a few ribs and vertebrae?

Thanks

Skater

Pics!

I had the same problem even with my RT kit... I played with lowering and raising the back many times.. and pulling the butt plate up until my butt cheeks hung out like a wide plastic wedgie (hot!) It also turns out my ab/cod was hanging too low (I'm killing myself here) which raises the whole torso up a bit.

Also make sure you're fitting all the pieces while wearing a form fitting undersuit.

Aloha,

-Eric

Looks pretty good to my noob eye. However you may not get an accurate idea of how it all fits since you're wearing jeans. I bet your ab/cod would sit higher if you were wearing an undersuit. Your butt plate may sit (pun intended) better too.

Aloha,

-Eric

I'm a few cm short of 6 foot and have an AP kit, an SDS kit and now a RSProps kit.

Both the AP and SDS kits have a gap of about half an inch between back plate and kidney plate and then the same again between kidney and butt plate. The elastic stretches a little further depending on body movement and the butt plate is right up in there LOL. My actual buttocks hang out the bottom edge of the butt plate.

The RSProps actually sits perfectly with no buttock spillage ;)

I think you can afford to loosen things up a little between each piece.

Skater, in your side shot, it almost seems like the kidney has slid under the butt plate. Now, the belt will cover this gap ultimately. Give a little there and you should gain a little up top. In the same shot, it also seems like the back is falling away at the shoulders. Pull that in and I'm sure you'll gain something there as well.