W.I.P ANH Stunt AM TK[*AM]

Adjusted the strapping between the back and chest pieces, and adjusted the shoulder bell straps. This seems to have fixed most of the issues with the shoulders.

I also fixed up the suspender-style straps that go over my shoulders between the ab and kidney plates by adding a sternum and shoulder blade strap to make the strap sit nicely.

I riveted the left side of the ab and kidney plates together too, gonna work on some velcro and extra joins tomorrow. Added the snap to the top right of the ab plate too.

OH! I reshaped my forearms again, and with a bit more success. One looks normal now, and the other almost looks normal. So I am leaving them as they are now, and I'll glue in snap plates tomorrow and stick in the velcro for the handplates.

Also I shortened the strap between the butt and cod piece, it was just too long.

So, now all that's left to do:

- Attach plastic face to belt

- Attach ab buttons and ab box to ab plate

- Glue sniper plate to left knee

- Rivet ammo pack to right thigh

- Attach velcro to ab plate for left- and right-side joins

- Glue TD together

- Glue snap plates into forearms and stick in velcro

- Attach thin white elastic straps to hold down shoulder straps

- Attach brad/split rivet to cod piece

- Sew 'stirrups' to my undersuit to stop the wrists and ankles riding up my legs and arms while trooping

- Fill, sand and polish accidental drill holes on the left of the ab plate

- Trim screws in helmet

- Make ABS putty to afix mic tips nicely to the helmet

- Paint rank stripes on helmet

- Close drop boxes at the back

- Replace shoulder strapping with white elastic (not immediately, I'll do that later for Centurion)

AND THEN I'll be giving the whole thing a nice clean and polish to give it that 'I work on the Deathstar and never see combat unless we get attacked by some random rebel scum!!!' look. :P

I am SO CLOSE!! I can taste it...tastes like ABS. :P

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure can. Here ya go

IMG_0764.jpg

I can't really remember how much I trimmed off of the biceps, but I don't think it was much. *shrugs* lol

Haha yeah I think they do. :P I might just put foam in them..or if the size interferes with how the shoulder bell sits and stuff I might trim them more.

Also glued one of the snap plates into the shoulder bells (photo was taken before I did the top ones)

IMG_0760.jpg

and I attached female snaps to some of the elastic that comes with the AM kit (for use between shoulder bells and forearms).

IMG_0763.jpg

that's a very smart idea adding Velcro & snap combo, i will re-work some of mine :)

To be honest I did that cos I needed a certain length of elastic that I didn't have. So I used the velcro straps supplied with the AM kit. I don't actually use the velcro, but I probably should haha :P Glad I could help though. :duim:

Working on the TD/O2 canister at the moment. Spray painted it gray (all Bunnings had for flat gray was undercoat. >.<) and am leaving it to dry before applying a few more coats.

I'm using Pandatrooper's method for the clips.

Eventually I'll replace the TD and the clips anyway for Centurion.

My inner drop boxes also arrived today, so I'll be fitting the drop boxes to the belt and the plastic face as well. I'll have to attach the holster later when it arrives.

So once that's done I should be all good for basc approval I think. smile.gif

Ok so I botched up pretty badly and as a result cannot be ready for the Ep1 3D release troop I was hoping to go to. :(

Basically I tried to rush the O2 canister and as a result I thought that etch primer was a good idea for a top coat. >.> Don't ask why, just know that it did not bond properly at all and the result was a a big glue and paint mess all over the canister. So I am going to need to get some really gritty sand paper and completely sand it back to the plastic. Once I've done that I will repaint it with a can of flat gray spray paint (that isn't meant for metal and that isn't just an undercoat, seriously, why wouldn't Bunnings have a flat gray top coat spray paint? It's ridiculous) and I'll make sure I tape up the surface where the control panel will glue to and the sides to prevent the paint messing with the glue.

I'll need to somehow rip my hovie mic tips out of my helmet and clean up the ABS putty mess I made around the mic tips too, but I don't know how the hell I am going to do that. :/ They're stuck in pretty hard, and I've already torn one of the black parts from the rest of the mic tip. >.<

Then I need to somehow take apart the belt and reassemble it because I put the drop boxes much too high and they only hang below the plastic portion of the belt if I force them to.

Also does anyone know a way of removing graylead from canvas..?

For some reason I thought I might give the O2 canister a silver undercoat but that just isn't gonna work. I have to completely sand all of the paint back before it goes any further.

IMG_0926.jpg

You can see that the paint just does not work. :/

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

The clips should be fine as they are though.

IMG_0929.jpg

This is a lot more noticeable in person, and I know it's there and I just hate it cos I shouldn't have made that mistake.

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

These definitely have to come down, it looks a bit silly the way it is. Should I move them around a bit too?

IMG_0933.jpg

How can I get the graylead out? :(

IMG_0934.jpg

All in all I've made a pretty massive mess of my suit in my haste, let this be a lesson I suppose. Never rush your suit for anything. *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

A lot of people like their drop boxes to touch their belt, but I'm not one of them - I like mine loose enough to be able to move a bit. But you definitely should move them out to the edge of the belt as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Brian I didn't like the way they had come up at all. It's also a requirement for basic approval for the drop boxes to be under the plastic tabs on the ends of the plastic face now. D:

So, I've actually done something! I was tired of moping about and not doing anything on my armour, so I bought some pipe and a new can of gray spraypaint today and cut the pipe to length and painted it. It's now drying outside overnight and I will glue on the end caps and control panel tomorrow afternoon. I also finished adjusting the drop boxes, and tomorrow I will touch up the strapping on my armour. I need to sew velcro onto a few more straps for the chest and back plates to be held down instead of flapping around and lifting up/falling down too far. Also on the agenda tomorrow is drilling out the rivets in the thigh ammo pack and replacing them with the cap rivets from seantrooper.

O2 canister drying. The its sticking out are masking tape, I decided not to paint the parts where I need glue to go, I don't want to risk messing up the join.

IMG_0963.jpg

Drop boxes brought down and moved around under the ends of the belt face.

IMG_0964.jpg

Small Centurion detail, added a split rivet (non-functional) to the cod.

IMG_0965.jpg

More to come tomorrow night.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been very active lately (real life is taking precedence at the moment. :/) But I did finally finish my suit last night (except for the blaster, but it looks the part).

Since the photos I added straps to the shoulder bells to go around the biceps and snaps to the ab plate to hold the belt up (which stops the drop boxes from flailing out like they are the shots), so just imagine those in the photos. tongue.gif

Here are my approval pics:

FRONT:

IMG_0005.jpg

BACK:

IMG_0009.jpg

LEFT:

IMG_0007.jpg

RIGHT:

IMG_0010.jpg

ACTION:

IMG_0012.jpg

BUCKET OFF: