How big are the corner cuts on the ammo belt?

Hi James, as each suit was trimmed by hand I'm sure that it would vary ever so slightly from trooper to trooper. I trimmed it so that the cut started where the plastic belt meets the canvas belt when you lay it on top. The best thing is to look at lots of screen caps from the film.

Hope this helps.

My canvas may be too wide then as it's nearly even with the ABS ammo portion. Just checked it's just under 4". The Easily remedied later (after halloween etc)

Ā 

The correct width is what, about 3.5"?

Edited by James

Ok, I'm planning on getting new canvas, or updating my current canvas later this year (second hand armor, so I'm working with what I have) so I'll cut the corners to fit 3" and update the rest then, thanks!

Edited by James

i cut mine so that the canvas belt is half way in the 45 degree angle. My belt is 3" wide.

Ā 

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

This seems to be popping up often. The final result SHOULD look like Rob's with the 45 degree corners meeting at the belt. However with as many belts being made for sale, and the varying widths that these belts are made, you are just as well to cut a little off the corners to get the 45's and leave it at that. No one has been penalized (EIB or Centurion) yet. I believe, since there are exacting standards with so many things, belt makers should adhere to 2 7/8 or 3 ". 3 1/4" is just too wide to acheive that look.