Return Edge?

How much of a return edge, if any is there suppose to be on the joining parts? (i.e. thighs, shins, biceps) I know there is not suppose to be any return edge on the forearms so just need to know about the others. BTW, doing ESB TK w/ ATA ABS.

Thanks for your help!

Most of your armor pieces when held at an angle to the light will show the return edge. Just trace it with a pencil first and follow that line when cutting . Remember that there should be NO return edge at the wrists on the forearms.

Returns were sculpted into the armor for the sole purpose of giving the armor a "thick" appearance.

I keep any returns on my armor around 1/8 inch. Helps to minimize armor bite. There are certain areas though that it looks better a little larger. Use your best judgement. Also, remember you can always go back and trim away more if you feel it's necessary.

Ok, I have to ask and please forgive my noobiness. Return edge...what is it and can I get a visual reference?

It's ok, it took me a while to understand what they meant by that as well. When you get your armor and it's in front of you, you will see it clearly. Short answer it is the slight bend of the edges of the armor toward the inside, i.e. the skin/body. The forearms are the one area where I know there should be none at all and was just wondering about the other areas.