This question is posed to you AP and TM armor guys.. :P

I was wondering, I'm undecided between TM armor and AP armor.

For those of you whom own AP armor, I had heard its a bit on the "slim" side.

I'm 5'11 and 180ish pounds, I was wondering how well the armor fit you, for those of you whom either own TM armor or AP armor?

Would love your input.

Thanks!

Fitzgerald

I own an AP kit and some TM armor, and I have to say there is not much of a difference with size of each kit...my AP is ROTJ spec so I have side gaps as per originals, but I saw no problem fixin it to look ANH...there was about a 2 inch gap on each side before I trimed it to ROTJ...I am 190 and 5'11" very athletic and do 200 mile bike races...My only concern's with the AP kit when I got it was if my big calf muscles would fit into it,but they did....and I have pretty big thighs, and they fit also, But the choice between AP and TM for me would be "location" and "which movie you are doing"...Location means if you live on the continent of North or South America, it would be mre sensible to buy an AP kit, because it would cost about $300.00 to $400.00 more for the TM with UK shipping and all...I would recoment the AP for ROTJ and not for ANH because the AP just looks too ROTJ still because of the original castings...Now if you had planned on doing an ANH and have the means, I would go for a TM, but like I said thats just me and my knowledge that I have gained over time B)

Yes, if you are in the US it is more economically sensible to get the AP...they have done wonders with it to make it more ANH friendly too ;)

Ugh! What I should have said. =:-0 I've been trooping pretty regularly with my TE2, no problems at all. The HIPS is actually easier to trim/work with than ABS, and it feels lighter to wear as well, though I've not put them both on a scale to see for sure.

Ugh! What I should have said. =:-0 I've been trooping pretty regularly with my TE2, no problems at all. The HIPS is actually easier to trim/work with than ABS, and it feels lighter to wear as well, though I've not put them both on a scale to see for sure.

I'm very happy with my AP kit, but I think if I would have had the extra money I would have purchased the TE2 kit. I was able to get my AP kit to look as close to ANH as possible, but I think it all depends on how much time you are going to spend on putting it together. I want both!

Curtis :D

TE2 is certainly worth checking out. I hear all the time about how the pricing is super high, but when I created a spreadsheet of the various ones and made a comparison, it really wasn't all that different.

It's a good example of information can get stale over time, and is worth checking periodically.

:blink: Choices, choices! :P

I have contacted both TM and AP. I'm liking the TM armor so far, partially because of his option for him to assemble it :D

Although, I could and wouldn't mind assembling. I'll have to check out TE2, haven't seen any of his armor. I'll use that handy search function ;)

Any other input you guys might have?

Thanks guys!

Fitz

OH! And btw...does anyone want my Commander Keller Helmet?

Me likey!

How does it hold up? (Stress wise?)

For normal trooping it holds up great and I haven't experienced any tearing, etc.. I think if you went mechanical bull riding in it or tried to play tackle football or similar like some guys do in their FX then it won't hold up to that kind of abuse.

But aside from extreme stress like that, it's been working for me. Mike Harrison also troops in TE(2) and has been doing so for longer. They can provide even better long term feedback.

Yes, TE2 is awesome armor and is not much more than the AP kit, but, like I said if you have the means and can get a TM go for it :duim:

Yes, TE2 is awesome armor and is not much more than the AP kit, but, like I said if you have the means and can get a TM go for it :duim:

Well, at this point...I'm saving up ;)

300 Right at this moment, another 300 soon (assuming a certain sale goes through)

Also planning on selling my Comander Keller, looking to get around 300 for it. (negotiable though)

That should bump me to around 800 or so.

Then I just wait till Christmas, and Birthday...when my GIGANTIC family comes around and shares the love ;)

Plus my job'll come in handy.

So I'm assuming I'll be able to pay up and such for a suit of armor sometime around December.

Be sweet if I could get both AP and TM though :D:P

I'm taking into account what everyone is saying..I'm really going for the TM because he's willing to assemble it and that's nice for me, because of the time issue I have with school and all. So....it's a work in progress... :D

(I've got all AP/IB classes :D.....its a pain in the butt)

Either way, can't wait to get my armor on the ball here.

Realize though that TM doesn't trim armor for free - you have to pay for the service. For myself, I paid someone to do most of the trim/assembly on my TE2. There are certainly people who offer this service for clones, and I've seen some on MEPD who pimp out their skillz on TK/TD armor as well.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of TM too and am not knocking it at all! It's just that I don't think - esp. with the exchange rate - that if you're in the US that the cost/effort barrier is as great as it might otherwise appear.

Realize though that TM doesn't trim armor for free - you have to pay for the service. For myself, I paid someone to do most of the trim/assembly on my TE2. There are certainly people who offer this service for clones, and I've seen some on MEPD who pimp out their skillz on TK/TD armor as well.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of TM too and am not knocking it at all! It's just that I don't think - esp. with the exchange rate - that if you're in the US that the cost/effort barrier is as great as it might otherwise appear.

Reply PM sent.