Ebay FX armor ... any thoughts or suggestions... please

überTrooper

Juan said it. Patience is a great virtue, especially when it comes to building armor.

If you sit down and read a little on these forums you'll find everything you need to know.

If you plan on getting a suit you can get everything you need from this site, and as a rule of thumb don't buy anything from ebay. It is much better to support the community by buying directly from the great people here on this forum who do a great service to us all by using their spare time to supply us with everything we need in our search for accuracy and greatness.

Yeah... don't let the price sucker you in dude. It IS cheap, but there are a lot of defects listed and things not right about the suit. You'd end up spending a great deal of time just sourcing the parts and also re-fitting the suit to your frame. I'd say to check out the page Banano mentioned and do a bit of research on what armor is available for your frame and what price ranges the vetted armorers are asking. Ebay armor sales more often than not end in a sour note, :(

There are a number of screen derived makers here and their prices are very reasonable. A bit of patience, some time and some building and you can have a suit you truly love, :D

I know everyone keeps saying it, but it's true - patience is the key. I lurked around here reading, reading, reading for two and half years before I bought my kit and, believe me, I'm thankful. I'm not saying you have to wait that long but it helps to know your onions before you lay any cash down. You should feel like an expert in details and assembly before you even start. Think of FISD as school with your kit as your graduation :D

If I think back to the things that have been discovered by the community since I joined it's amazing. The things we didn't know back then would have had a huge impact on my build if I hadn't waited...

I wouldn't bother to be honest. There's stuff missing, the helmet is an FX helmet and only looks good on a shelf. On your head you'll look like one of those bobblehead dolls. The boots ae not clearable, they're Elvis boots. There's stuff missing. You'd need to tim it to fit you if it was too big (Obviously) and if you're bigger than how big the amour is, you're stuffed. It MIGHT and I do mean MIGHT be worth getting just to nab the voice changer and fans. But that's the only things worth anything in my opinion.

Edited by TrooperVenger