Ebay armor... thoughts and advice.... please

überTrooper

I don't know about what kind of armor this is as I am new to this whole thing too, but I recommend not buying anything ebay unless it is from someone that you know from this website.

The reason I say this is that armor is already fitted for someone else, you don't know how big they are (or small they are) and they could have trimmed it to much to ever fit you right without some heavy modifications. For that price you could get a brand new kit that can be fitted for YOU.

Just my 2 cents, take it how you will...

You know of someone selling a brand new kit (complete) for between $600-$700 ... please tell.

http://forum.whitear...showtopic=11538

That has the list of most of the known types/sellers of armor. I got my AM lite kit for $485, the helmet was another $125. That is around the same price as the one you found. I know its lineage, I know who it came from and I made if fit ME.

Edited by Zero4481

Looking at the armour I can't say for certain who the maker is. The helmet is missing it's ear bumps...The eyes look a bit...odd.

There are several armour makers on the forums here. ATA, TM, CFO and loads more. You can get a really great suit and you can get one for $500 easily.

It's a basic FX kit.

It's nice that the offer comes as a complete package with all the required accesories, but Aaron speaks the truth. It's much better to start with a kit and fit it to your unique body shape than to purchase someone's premade kit and try to retrofit it. Especially if the only thing you know about the kit and/or it's seller comes via ebay photos.

There is a reason why we generally warn new members away from ebay. If you are simply looking for a Halloween costume that will be worn once or twice, OK, but in the end, those who go the ebay route almost always end up regretting it.

Brian's right. If you are looking for a Halloween type costume then F/X s O.K. If you are looking to go for elite armor, then research the armor makers here. You won't be disappointed.

No not looking for a Halloween costume.. would love to join a local Garrison ... eventually.. .thank you again for your advice and expertise

Where do you live? I am sure if we know where you are located we could help you get in contact with a maker near you. I found one that lives 20 mins away from me, drove out to meet him and had the armor the same day!

WOW ... 2 hours left in that auction and it's upto $1329 + shipping... 40 bids so far.

Hmmm makes me want to collect FX kits and sell them to unsuspecting Star Wars fans for profit... Ok not really. But what? $1329? I bet it goes for $1500 easy.

Aloha,

-Eric

Yep, 'tis the season for that. Everybody wants a kick-butt Halloween costume, and they want it now. Happens every year. :wacko:

On the plus side, if you're thinking about selling an older costume with an eye toward upgrading, now is the best time of the year.