ESB Blaster question

I've seen that the following blasters are "re-purposed" ANH blasters without the hengstler counter and power cylinders. But as you can see in the picture, it shares in common with the promo version that the front piece is cut. Does this share anything else in common with the promo blaster? Does it have the d-ring/d-ring holder on the back or is that missing as well? Any insights would be appreciated as I'm getting started on my blaster tomorrow. :)

00.jpg

Untitled-15a-1.jpg

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by the front piece as the bolts and everything are there on this blaster. As far as I can see it's just a normal Sterling though this one appears to be non-firing as it doesn't have a spring in it's magazine and doesn't appear to have a charging handle unless it's behind one of the scope's screws.

Edited by SamJ

The promo version ESB blaster is a resin cast made from a sterling with the following details:

muzzle tip is only one circle with no bolts and no bayonet ring.

T Tracks along left side cover the rear holes next to the folding stock.

D ring and mount are removed.

Greeblies added to both sides of the resin body.

sight rail is resin, and has different details.

magazine release removed from magazine well.

no charging handle

no open slot or spring visible, only a faint outline that varied in depth and detail.

Clearly the blaster shown above is a modified REAL sterling, you can see holes in the barrel vents next to the folding stock,

and you can also clearly see that the folding stock is real. As well you can see the magazine release, which the promo/greeblie version

does not have.

many times the bolt, charging handle and trigger was removed on real sterlings in the film.

none of the promo versions have the details shown in your photo.

all promo version ESB blasters were SOLID resin casts.

here are photos showing my build with a doopy do's version 1 kit, separate bolt and parts.

and Tango D Fett's resin add on sight rail and greeblies.

"pugman" has a real ESB blaster and tango created the sight rail and greeblies to allow blaster builders to make this version.

I can make up one of these blasters, probably 2, as I have all the parts from tango and doopy do.

ESBgreeblie%20001.jpg

ESBgreeblie%20004.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

There were three different types of E11's seen in ESB.

1. The TK promo and the Luke Skywalker Hoth promo shots or Snowtrooper/IG88 style (with the greebles and solid scope rail, etc...)

2. Basic Sterling, with full muzzle, M19/M32 scope, with scope rail that attaches at the rear sight and at the first vent hole, has a D ring, bayonet lug and the 6 T-tracks. It is basically one of the variances that you might have seen in ANH. It was most commonly believed they were a left over from the first movie and re-used in ESB. But, that is a misnomer, because all the weapons were rented for the shooting of ANH and then returned, except for the DH-17 (Rebel Fleet and Imperial Navy weapon) which was a cast off of a Sterling and then modified.

3. The one that is in this photograph is the basic Sterling with the flat or shaved muzzle, M19/M32 scope, with scope rail that attaches at the rear sight and the first vent hole, has a D ring, bayonet lug and the 6 T-tracks.

Have fun with your ESB E11 build Luis!

There were three different types of E11's seen in ESB.

1. The TK promo and the Luke Skywalker Hoth promo shots or Snowtrooper/IG88 style (with the greebles and solid scope rail, etc...)

2. Basic Sterling, with full muzzle, M19/M32 scope, with scope rail that attaches at the rear sight and at the first vent hole, has a D ring, bayonet lug and the 6 T-tracks. It is basically one of the variances that you might have seen in ANH. It was most commonly believed they were a left over from the first movie and re-used in ESB. But, that is a misnomer, because all the weapons were rented for the shooting of ANH and then returned, except for the DH-17 (Rebel Fleet and Imperial Navy weapon) which was a cast off of a Sterling and then modified.

3. The one that is in this photograph is the basic Sterling with the flat or shaved muzzle, M19/M32 scope, with scope rail that attaches at the rear sight and the first vent hole, has a D ring, bayonet lug and the 6 T-tracks.

Have fun with your ESB E11 build Luis!

Thanks, that's exactly what I need to know. :dancing-trooper:

actually if you count the ESB london prop store version there are 4 types of ESB blaster.

esb3.jpg

esb4.jpg

Hey Vern,

I know about that one... I was the one that originally posted on the FISD about The Prop Store of London's "ESB" E11 a few years back.

About a year ago, I talked to Steve (the store owner of the Prop Store of London) He said, those U shape tracks and the scope rail was something they did to it at his store, and was never like that for ESB... Just a bad reproduction of the missing parts.