Altmann's stormtrooper

Hi all, this is my first post and i am happy to be a member.

I am fairly new to the helmet side of star wars, i have a large collection of figures and vehicles started in about 1978 though.

Getting to the point though, what i want to do is to have a full size storm trooper in my lounge room. I.e a manikin dressed. The suit must also be able to be worn occasionally by myself of course.

My first task is to get myself a helmet, but not just any helmet, i want a fairly accurate one!

What i want to know is what helmet is the one to get, as i realize there are many options and the more i read the more confused i get! I know there will be differing opinions, so tell me which are the most accurate i guess.

Lastly i know where there is an altmann's cheap at the moment. It's a 1996. Are these worth getting?

Thanks

Scott.

hi dude.

ones to look at are

TM -troopermaster

T*E -Trooper expert

RT Mod- Rob? faceplate originates from a T*E i believe

All the above are quality.

There are recasts around....but recast is like a swear word in the prop comunity!

Altmans is ok ish but not acurate enough for my personal liking

Avoid rubies at all costs!

hope this is some incite,but do look around the web as thats half the fun of finding stuff out yourself.

Jez's Helmet site

is a good start.

cheers

Thanks chiefhawk,

Would you be able to tell me where these are available please, or maybe send links?

I have been looking around, and i am blown away by the products that are available! wow i thought there might be one or two options?

Can anyone tell me about these helmets from Australia?

http://www.vegatransports.com.au/Australia...ars/StormT.html

Link no longer working.

Cheers

I guess it depends on what you want the armor for. Fun? Mannequin? 501st status? I can tell you that Altmann's is not considered 501st acceptable in terms of accuracy, so you'd have to get a different make if that's your objective.

That said, there are folks out there wearing it for their own enjoyment.

I can tell you that Altmann's is not considered 501st acceptable in terms of accuracy, so you'd have to get a different make if that's your objective.

That is correct.

Besides the fact that IMO, the Altmann's TK bucket is horrible, there are much more accurate helmets out there.

Altmann's made a really nice Scout helmet, if you get a chance to get one of those, go for it.

PM to follow.

Butah,

Thanks for the advice, but i thought research is what i am doing at the moment. It's all good to read stuff, but i need others opinions who are in the know! If i could physically see and touch all the different helmets it would be an easy decision, but as i cant i need to rely on you guys who do know what is best.

Cheers.

Hi there - Please PM me regarding this statement. What info do you have?

Thanx , Niko.

P.S. - Altmann TK helmet - Great Helmet in regards to workmanship. Bad Helmet in regards to screen accuracy.

PM sent

As far as the TK bucket, like I said, it's just my opinion. Something just doesn't look right about it.

What are the AP kits like? Are they fairly easy to put together?

Is there one bucket that stands out from the rest in accuracy and detail?

Which ones come complete with nice inside lining ready to go?

Cheers

What are the AP kits like? Are they fairly easy to put together?

The AP kits are pretty easy to put together as long as you have help, and advice which is all around these boards

Is there one bucket that stands out from the rest in accuracy and detail?

There are conflicting opinions on this subject some say TE and some say Gino, the AP is a second or third generation TE style lid I think :unsure:

Which ones come complete with nice inside lining ready to go?

The expensive $500.00 + ones :D