How to attach O2 Canister

Hey guys,

I finished my O2 canister a few weeks back, and got it painted and glued up together. I didn't take into consideration how I was actually going to attach it while building it.... What are some of the methods you guys use? I would prefer not to have to spend 20+ bucks on some metal clips, so any cost saving or simple ideas would be awesome.

Thanks everyone,

Michael

I use nuts and bolts to attach clips, with the nuts glued from the inside.

bending clips with 1"W x 1/16" T is a fairly easy process with a couple of C clamps and some careful bending.

for Authentic props versions of the T det I use the following measurements to get shorter clips than jess

8-3/4" long holes at 1" and then 1- 1/2" from that for the bolts.

draw a line on the tube align the metal strip starting at the 1" hole edge and clamp to the line.

bend the strip 1/3 over the tube. then looking at the tube you determine your belt line.

clamp a piece of metal to the end and bend a 60d bend for the belt retainer.

clamp another piece of metal to the strip and using that as a guide bend a 90d bend towards the belt.

then bend it over to 180d this should form the proper shape for a clip..

sanding down the aluminum with emery paper about 200g for a few brush strokes eliminates scratches and marks before bending makes for a shiny set of clips.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed