Helmet size

Army

FX/AM and ANHv2 aside, it really depends on how the helmet is built. The amount of tilt on the faceplate (which affects the size of the opening your head goes into), how much padding and electronics you try to stuff into the helmet, etc. all affect the fit.

In theory, the screen-accurate helmets are supposed to be one-size-fits-all, but there are variations. I wear a 7 3/4 hat size, and generally find it impossible to get my head into an AP helmet. Also haven't had much luck trying to squeeze into an MRCE.

On the other hand, I am able to get into and troop my electronics-equipped RT Mod with a slight bit of struggle. I also own two TMs both of which were constructed by TM himself, and while I can troop with either of them, I find they each fit differently.

I wear a 7 7/8 hat size (considered XXL and one size larger than 7 3/8 so I know what you mean lol.

I would avoid the FX at all costs if you can help it, it is a large helmet but there is no reason to use it for a trooper with a big head, the helmet itself is just waaay too large and just looks off. I can get my head into an ATA, with padding but it is a tight fit. I personally use a CAP with padding and it fits me just fine. Just like the ATA, you have to corkscrew it on a bit but that is how the accurate helmets were anyway. I would recommend the CAP but finding one now is a big tough for sure.

Provost Marshal brings up some good points as well, how they are built makes a difference. I built two ATA abs helmets recently for two different troopers and both fit differently. On one, I left the neck opening smaller as per the request of the owner, it was tight getting on my head but fit him just fine, on the other the opening was made much larger. You can't tell by looking at the helmet except when you are holding them upside down, in your hands.