Getting Back Into It

Hey troopers!

Well, after transferring from Fort Hood to Germany, then deploying from Germany to Afghanistan, I finally have a chance to settle down and be reminded of what's most important in life -- Star Wars!

After turning down my Darth Maul project (no problem with shaving the head, but it appears my skin has a volatile reaction to the paint used!), I had to make the ultimate decision: Jango or Stormtrooper. And of course, I chose both! But starting with the trooper, as I already have a tiny bit of experience in that category. =)

So, working on putting together a set of armor and going for the ANH Hero. I'd like to run through what I have and am looking at so that you guys can help me get this right the first time... I would like to achieve Centurion without buying the same things 20 times, as I have a habit of doing!

Armor: AP

Helmet: AP

Boots: TKboots

Gloves/Hand Guards: Sonnenschein

Canvas Belt: Tkittell

Bodysuit: Either the ExtremeRacing Stormtrooper, or a 2-piece UA set

So, after a few hours scrolling through, need to get down a few other things (obviously):

Green Lenses: Still required for that more authentic touch? Had a set through Runnriottt. Will be looking for another.

Neckseal: I think I read that the stunt and hero versions are different. Last one I had was from Riveting. Need to find another to meet the Hero standards.

Holster: AP sells one, but I couldn't tell whether it met standards or not. Any ideas here?

Electronics: Plan on the ICOMM/Aker kit, and fans of course. Spoke with peoples about ICOMM/Aker. How's the fan setups going nowadays?

Blaster: I had a Hyperfirm E-11, which I was immensely pleased with. However, I'm running into an issue with shipping it to Germany (Speaking of which, I'll be trying to enter into the German Garrison since I'll be stationed there for the next 2-5 years! Hello, boys!). Also, I'm not sure how that holds up to the Centurion standards. I will attempt to get it there to troop with, but do I need a more realistic version to apply with?

Look forward to chatting with, and working with, you guys again!

Thanks and God Bless,

Jeremy

Where in Germany are you stationed? I just came back from a trip over there. If you're going for ANH hero, then you'll need smoked bubble lenses and not green flat ones. I haven't seen AP's holster, but you can make your own, or check out the sellers here on the forum. People offer squirrel cage fans or you can buy some computer fans and wire them up yourself and run them off 9 volt batteries. I think the hyperfirm will work for Centurion, but you can also scratch-build an E-11 with PVC pipe and the various addons.

Where in Germany are you stationed? I just came back from a trip over there.

Schweinfurt.. it's in the middle of the country with nothing nifty nearby. =)

Okay.. so looks like I'll need to find a dark green bubble maker, and try to get the hyperfirm shipped over.

Have any of ya'll had much difficulty converting the AP helmet to hero?

• 8 months later...

Getting back into this thread, as I now have internet access for a little bit!

Plans have changed, and I will be returning to Texas in October (sadly, before I'll get a chance to enjoy Oktoberfest), but the TK build won't be put off. Already started placing orders for the major items:

Armor/Helmet

Neckseal

Boots

Holster

Belt

E-11

What else is needed? I