Can't Decide

Newbie here looking to join the 501'st, i cant decide on which TK kit to get tho, i THINK i've narrowed it down to the RT or the AM kit? im 6'2 and about 140 lbs, skinny. is there a better kit for that size? any help would be much appreciated. I really cant wait to start trooping =)

Size matters not..Judge me by my size do you?............Sorry.

You are slim so those kits should be good for you. Any kit you get will require some level of trimming.

I'm 5 foot 10 and 145lbs and I had to trim my 'mystery kit' to fit me.

AM or RT mod will probably for your height better but will most likely require a good deal of trimming since you're thin. Might look into ata, etc if you don't mind some black showing between the leg pieces.

You could actually get away with most any TE-derived suit, but be aware that the legs will be challenging and you may want to swap them out with RT parts. I'm 6'0" and use RT shins, for instance with both my TE2 and ATA suits. If you can find the old GF FX thighs...ahhhhh those would be even better for you.

Yeah, I was able to just buy shins. Replacement parts are always expensive though (aside from ATA).

As for TE derived suits, it's really a personal preference as there are some differences between the suits. Anyone on the approved vendors list we have are reputable.

Ok so i think im going to go with the RT kit, i've ordered a pair of boots frok TKboots and im think about this undersuit: http://www.stormtrooperundersuit.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=8, i guess i need to look into a neck seal, gloves and a belt before my kit gets here so i can properly fit it. As NoVATie said above it might take a good deal of trimming? will it require so much that it will look wrong?

• 1 month later...

what's up guys,

I've been searching to find a good set of armor but haven't had much luck. I really would like to get something together quickly but It looks like the Rubies stuff is all that I can track down. I def do not want to go that route, so if someone can point me in the right direction for a completed set that doesn't require any sort of finishing i'd appreciate it.

what's up guys,

I've been searching to find a good set of armor but haven't had much luck. I really would like to get something together quickly but It looks like the Rubies stuff is all that I can track down. I def do not want to go that route, so if someone can point me in the right direction for a completed set that doesn't require any sort of finishing i'd appreciate it.

You probably won't find much I'm afraid. Best I know so far is the sales section. I'm sure everyone agrees on this but it's better that you assemble your own armor. I was in your boat once and wanted something quick. After talking with a couple of guys here and exploring this forum, I realized that in most cases it's cheaper and more of a benefit than buying something pre-assembled.

On 8/29/2011 at 1:07 PM, Dumorax said:

Ok so i think im going to go with the RT kit, i've ordered a pair of boots frok TKboots and im think about this undersuit: http://www.stormtroo...rod&productId=8, i guess i need to look into a neck seal, gloves and a belt before my kit gets here so i can properly fit it. As NoVATie said above it might take a good deal of trimming? will it require so much that it will look wrong?

Good start with TKBoots. I've had mine for 3 years now and they rock! Just got a second pair of the new "taller" style for my ATA TD that's soon to be in progress, :D Any undersuit will do so long as no labels show and it's sorta shiny black. I use a 2-piece Underarmor suit. If you're slim like me a set of screen derived is probably best, but I modified an AM kit to fit my 6'1"/160lb frame with not too much hassle. It does involve a LOT of trimming and a fair amount of heat gun heat molding, but it's do-able. You can see some pics here: -----------

I made my own neckseal from a $9 turtleneck and it's pretty awesome. I use tactical gloves like these: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2175.php but I didn't pay anywhere near that much. I got mine at a local military surplus store for ~$40. TKittel can hook you up with a cheap and GREAT canvas belt, ;)

For a screen derived kit I would lean towards ATA or T/MC.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed