Back plate to short for 501st approval?

Hey.

Moving right along with my build (making a run for an ESB TK), and in reviewing the requirements I see that the back plate is supposed to sit flush with the top of the kidney plate. Well I can't do this without letting it sit much farther down on my back, which then leaves a good deal of black showing in the neck and shoulder blades area. If I position it just right and comfortable, I have about 2-3 inches between the top of the kidney plate and bottom of the back plate. The kidney plate is flush with the butt plate.

I would not consider myself overly tall at 5-11, and it is an ATA suit. Other than the fact that you can see (maybe only because I know they are there) a couple inches of my black elastic suspender system against my Under Armour suit, is this a problem for final legion approval?

I will try and post some pix sometime tomorrow, but in the meantime hopefully I have been descriptive enough for some help.

Thanks in advance.

Best advice people could give you is when you get the pictures up. It doesn't need to be a perfect fit around your neck. Usually they are up in the front and kinda low in the back. Take a look at this one and see if its about the same.-

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I can space the kidney higher and try and pull the butt up a bit. That is why I built the harness system with velcro, for just such an occasion! Is it ok if some of the black elastic shows? That will happen if I space anything out...

Ito me it seems that the back plate is actually too high, are the shoulder straps actually glued on to the back plate? if so i think they are to high.

He doesn't have a pic of the chest armor, which I saw on our Garrison boards. The straps are attached too low on the chest. If he moves them up, he should be able to drop the chest and back a bit.

I was able to get everything rearranged so that there is very little space between backside plates. Moved the chest and back down a bit and now everything is fitting great. The straps have to stay put on the chest plate since they are glued down. I just have less overlap onto the back plate now. Thanks for all the input. It helped quite a bit.