i want audio in my helmet

so i've had one of those hyberdine, or hyperdin, or who ever makes it for two years now and haven't used it, and that is because i have no way to hook it up. i have a AP helmet which i had no problem finding a place for the unit even with my big head, but were do i put the amp? i've heard mixed things about the trick toys mini speakers, and i have a white radio shack amp, and a big one that i cant remember who makes it now. any suggestions?

I suggest you stay away from the Trik Toys speakers as they sound horrible. Get some toy train speakers (do a search for aerator speakers here, someone was doing a run) and put them in your aerators. Then, take your white Radio Shack speaker/amp and gut it. Take off the speaker and you're left with the board on it's own. You can either run the wire leads from the speakers to where the old speaker was (which requires soldering) or you can make them into a mini plug to put into the output jack on the board (which is what I did). Then, hook that up to your hyperdine & your mic and you have a functional helmet system. That's basically my set up, minus the hyperdine.

I have that set up in my RT.

Basically do exactly what Budda said.

I found 2 thin boxes to put my amp and hyper board in. and placed them in the back of the bucket.

I have the aerator speakers wired in to the amp, and a non electric mic, as the hyper board powers the mic.

here is how my bucket is set up, if you want pics of more detail, just let me know, I can take them of what ever part you need.

Boozel

BTW, this is my old RT bucket, but I can get pics of the way my new one is set up, just about the same.

M4M9GWf.jpg

hUPv1zX.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

My $.02...

If low price is your goal, just get some parts from Radio Shack and follow an online tutorial posted here-abouts. If you want the best possible sound, you must get RomFX but with the exchange rate it's almost $300/kit. If you want good sound and easy install, use either TK4205's Bommar kits or try out one of the TrooperCom's.

There is no one "best" solution, depends on your constraints/goals.

cool, thanks for the suggestions. does anyone know were i can get good aerator? i know there was on run on these boards, but i missed it. Mine are the ones that come with the AP and i can't fit any speakers in them

vrblasasn said:
cool, thanks for the suggestions. does anyone know were i can get good aerator? i know there was on run on these boards, but i missed it. Mine are the ones that come with the AP and i can't fit any speakers in them

Here's a different set of Hovi's. I think these are available now:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021