ESB E11

john danter

I can't see it but yes I'm going to assume they just cast one and made duplicates of that.

Then again....

The one above being handed over doesn't appear to have the 3 dots on the receiver.

When's the flipping BluRay coming out :)

PS: the promo blaster IS the stunt blaster. It shouldn't be called a promo blaster as we're proving they were used in the film on set. Not just for that promo shot

Edited by john danter

Sorry - I should have said canon and promo in reference to the CRL. But yes maybe a new term like "Mark II" needs coming up with for the CRL now that you've proven this blaster is seen on screen. The CRL simply states the "correct" style scope is needed for what it terms the "canon" E-11. I was always under the impression that this still used a different style scope (ergo the doopy-doe's scope would be a no go for ESB troopers) but now it seems "Mark I" is ANH identical bar the hengstler and the two tube things on the mag housing, while, what we should now term, "Mark II" is the greeblie laden version.

Perhaps we should mention to the staff about coming up with new names?

Edited by ZeroRoom

here is the ESB "promo blaster" used on screen in ROTJ. you can clearly make out the three greeblies on the right rear of the blaster among other unique details. to my knowledge the only scopes used on screen in ESB are the M19/M32 style, unless somebody can prove otherwise ;) .

ESB blaster in ROTJ

ZApV8bc.jpg

to my knowledge the only scopes used on screen in ESB are the M19/M32 style, ]

Thanks so much dashrazor. That's exactly the information I was trying to clarify. Now my E-11 build can begin!

I agree. I doubt they cast several that happened to have different scopes...?

Pugmans original does seem to have a rather 'longer' scope on it

M38a2 'maybe' but I'm not 100%

What do you think this one is?

WyTe8Iu.jpg

Hi guys , as far as i am aware the only scope used on ESB E11s was the M19 or 32 , this is on stunt and hero versions, there could have been M38/ 40s on some of the hero E11s but without any proof ( blurays forthcoming) this is the current accurate scope. Although considered the snowtrooper blaster the stunt was used in the Bespin scenes as well by TKs. here's a pic of pugmans ESB stunt and you can clearly see it is an M19 or 32 ( hope this is OK to post sir ) it has the side adjuster and the forward foot is connected to the bottom of the front section , on all the others its behind this on the start of the back section as it cones out. I see what John means it does look longer from the other side but this could be the angle or down to the casting, its at least 2nd generation possibly more.

BeCfeX4.jpg

hope this helps chaps :)

These appear to be similar

British monocular

British monocular B&S CF 28A 7 x 42 1953/54

no: 108248

The B&S CF 28A is a porro II prism monocular with 7 times magnification and a 42mm objective lens. Its field of view is 127yds/1000ft. or 7°18'. The patent number 572537 engraved at the top of the prism box tells us that there is " a thin sheet of a transparent flexible material" between the prism elements (s. W.Reid's book "We're certainly ....", p. 168). Also the field lens is cemented to the prism.

other monocular

Does anyone know what scopes these are on the e-11 for sure?

Looking at this image:

scopes_compare.jpg

that one doesn't look like an M38A2. The slope from the eyepiece is longer and less sharp. Which doesn't really help since I'm not offering an alternative. There's another thread around here somewhere in which someone posted a whole bunch of real scope pics as options. I'll see if I can find it.

I can verify that the M40 1942 variant is identical also to the M38s of the same year, in shape.

I'm sure I have seen one of those scopes (pictured above) on eBay it was listed as a WWI monocular. It looked the spit of the M19 but no feet. Don't think anyone brought it.

ROTJ scope was not a found item but made from a cut down long scope riveted into plastic cup or lid of some kind with a mahined greeble on the end , it was then attached to the rail with a weaver scope ring. If you look at the the han Solo ROTJ Dl44 in magic and myth its just the scope part as the cup must have been broken off in filming or lost perhaps :( Also the Han Solo has a larger diameter scope end I thinksuggesting they were made from diffeent scopes they had lying around and cut down.