Feedback!!!

..maybe you guys can help me here...I have suertroopers speakers mounted inside of stompers mic tips..wired parallel ( I think..speaker 1 wired red to black of speaker 2 then to amp etc..tried them wired red to red and that seemed worse both volume/feedback wise)..a radio shack amp ( the little white one) and the radio shack powered mic ( I tried the resistor mod to not use a powered mic, but it seemed to cut the total volume available alot)..my helmet is a ANHV2..I get some pretty bad feedback if I raise the volume on the amp above about 3/4 total volume...is this normal? I have read about the great stuff/cap mod, but I am not sure if this is ness/aplicable since the speakers are actually mounted on the OUTSIDE of the bucket...any suggestions? I can post pics later if that would help...

Jay,

The mic and speakers are causing the feedback which is very common. Two options:

1. shield the mic/hovi's from the headset

2. external (from helmet) speaker

Or padding anything to create shielding between the two. Our resident Armorer can provide more perspective since his Bommar unit has built in shielding with a speaker that is inside the helmet and zero feedback.

Jay, I have the same setup on my sons' FX helmet TK-8288 with same equipment and it also is not able to crank up the volume past 1/2 or 3/4. We always adjust the volume until feedback starts and then back off, however, he is harder to hear than my belt-mounted FX-ROM speaker set-up. I'd love to get more volume out of his setup with the helmet-mounted speakers. I have not tried any sound-dampening material on the inside of his bucket so I'd be very interested to get a fix for this.

Dont known the actual speaker u talk about, but mine are extra helmet in the actuall mics and by that i can put the vol on max and no feed back. But my lid is FX so that might not work on your helm. Not a big electric guy here, but was told to try and have the Mic as behind of the speaker as u can, this should greatly reduce feed back or kill it all together.

..well I took some paint caps, filled them with "greatstuff" expanding foam and mounted them behind my speakers and....

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

...it's exactly the same as it was before....DOH!!!

Ā 

Any other ideas?

..well I took some paint caps, filled them with "greatstuff" expanding foam and mounted them behind my speakers and....

...it's exactly the same as it was before....DOH!!!

Ā 

Any other ideas?

Ā 

Ā 

Same thing here. I tried to somewhat shield the speakers from the inside by covering the inside behind the speakers with foil. NOPE.

I have this mic:

---------

Ā 

Most people I've gotten feedback from say they can turn their amp up to about 80% before they start to chirp. It could also be the sensitivity of the mic.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Any powered mic you can get will cause feedback. My favorite mic is a tiny super condensed mic. Like the ones they put in the spy ear. It has a good stormtrooper sound to it.

I use big 4 inch speakers in my sound system. I can turn it up all the way with no feedback whatsoever.