ESB shoulder bridges

• 1 year later...

I'm gonna start my second ESB build in the next few days, this time aiming for Centurion. The shoulder bridge assembly is one of the things I haven't read much about until this thread.

Still not sure where to put the velcro and if it should be velcro at all.

A fellow garrison member gave me the advise to just pick one of the troopers on screen and try to resemble his armor with all the weathering, helmet faceplate positions etc.

So which of the scenes were filmed using the old ANH suits, which ones have the MkII suits ?

I'm gonna start my second ESB build in the next few days, this time aiming for Centurion. The shoulder bridge assembly is one of the things I haven't read much about until this thread.

Still not sure where to put the velcro and if it should be velcro at all.

A fellow garrison member gave me the advise to just pick one of the troopers on screen and try to resemble his armor with all the weathering, helmet faceplate positions etc.

So which of the scenes were filmed using the old ANH suits, which ones have the MkII suits ?

The MkII is pretty much only seen up close in the carbon freeze chamber. At least that I'm aware of.

Forget the MKII suits. You have an ANH/ESB suit and the MKII's are like ROTJ, so no point even thinking about replicating one of those.

The shoulder bridges are easy. Simply glue them to your chest plate and use a thin strip of white 1/4" elastic looped on the back plate to hold them in place. While Brain states not to use the elastic, I say otherwise. No doubt the original suits used in ESB lost theirs during ANH or after, I don't see why they should not be used when that is how they were originally assembled.

Edited by troopermaster

Nah, I won't do the MkII don't worry, I was just asking so I could pick the appropriate scenes from the BluRay for reference right away without first checking if it's MkII or ANH-Reused.

For the ANH style elastic to hold the strap down in the back: I totally agree. They would have been this way if the suits were in better shape after ANH. But the CRLs for Centurion say otherwise.

Forget the MKII suits. You have an ANH/ESB suit and the MKII's are like ROTJ, so no point even thinking about replicating one of those.

The shoulder bridges are easy. Simply glue them to your chest plate and use a thin strip of white 1/4" elastic looped on the back plate to hold them in place. While Brain states not to use the elastic, I say otherwise. No doubt the original suits used in ESB lost theirs during ANH or after, I don't see why they should not be used when that is how they were originally assembled.

Nah, I won't do the MkII don't worry, I was just asking so I could pick the appropriate scenes from the BluRay for reference right away without first checking if it's MkII or ANH-Reused.

For the ANH style elastic to hold the strap down in the back: I totally agree. They would have been this way if the suits were in better shape after ANH. But the CRLs for Centurion say otherwise.

Pro tip: You could leave them off for the photos and put them back on afterwards. ;)

I think the reasoning behind them being omitted from the ESB CRL is that there's to date no evidence of it, even if it would make sense.