Need help with new recruit

crazas

Ok guys, I have helped some ppl building and adjunting their armors but this guy is an all new challenge.

The problem is that he is soooo thin and small, just an example, the front and back plates touche each other (he don't even need the shoulder straps!!, another problem ia that the bells keeps falling to the rear becase he has no shoulders to support them!

My XO (known here as Dargas) and myself have been thinking about the best way to make this armor fit, we have already trimmed as much as e can, I also suggested the guy t put something inside his bodysuit so he can look a little "bulkier" but I'm sure someone between you guys have maybe faced the same problem .

Any suggestions?

This pic is from before the last trimming session

DSC01944.jpg

Trim Trim Trim is my only recommendation. He looks like he has board shorts on so you need to shorten the leg pieces' and cut a heap out of the back. Shoulder bells need to be reduced in overall size. Chest needs narrowing some how, maybe just by shaving the sides down evenly abit. Ab plate can have some cut off the top. It will be under the chest armour any way.

Look this might sound cruel, but is not intended that way. There was some pretty cool kids Armour getting around that i have seen on the forums. Maybe some pieces of that would be better suited to this Trooper. either that or get him addicted to McDonald's and growth hormones and then out to the Gym. Check out the recent Legoland in Germany pics posted by Schaf. I saw some TK kids armour in one of the photos there. I may be wrong but I think RA do the kids armour.

Ā 

Junior Trooper Armour

Ā 

minitrooper11.jpg

You can trim the crap out of it so it fits, but parts will still be out of proportion and he'll eventually want to upgrade it all to a smaller ANH sized set. I'd recommend AP as a start. Else I think you can make it work, but will want to replace the belt/chest/back.

Ā 

No matter what, that bucket has to go. At least, I'd never approve it as-is as GML with such a disproportionate lid.

In fact it is an FX kit.

Big problem is that this guy is SOOOOO EXITED about having with TK, I'm his GML and that is why I'm thinking about as many ways as I can to improve his overall look.

Big problem is that he ran out of money buying his kit and the armor is so trimed at this point that I don't think he will be able to sell it to anyone else.

Ā 

I think I;m going to try to trim a little more and to ask him to change the bucket.

Will post new pics after the next "surgery"

Ā 

THANX TO EVERYONE

Hey Luis - I think the base armor can be made to be acceptable, just will need a lot more trimming. We have a smaller guy in our garrison and he made his work - just took some time.

Ā 

The helmet is another story, though I know some GML's would let is pass, I wouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...