Do you fill in the dips?

I noticed on both my HIPS helmets to varying degrees, there are some small indentations below some of the teeth on the frown. I didn't post a pic since I figure most of you will know what I am talking about. Do you guys fill these in before painting? I am kind of on the fence and wanted to see what you think.

Yep totally fine and too be expected :)

Ā 

The hero helmets were made from ABS but the stunts from HDPE

This behaves differently to ABS and is more elastic, so you see more of the little bumps etc.

HIPS is much the same, it will seek out all the detail.

The thinner the plastic, the more detailed the end result will be.

Ā 

We're not sure if a new mould was used in 76 for the later ABS heroes or not, (ears yes) but the different plastic explains why they don't look identical, regardless.

Ā 

But as Dash said, it's fine :) just thought you'd like a quick lesson in plastics :)

Ā 

Edit: ah sorry. I couldnt see the pic cos of my iPhone.

That's a bad mould an the owner should brush that up I feel. 5 minutes work

Edited by john danter

Just looking at my Gino V2, and my TE2, and although neither of them is as pronounced as yours, the indentation is still there in both of them.

Leave it as is :)

I have been looking at a lot of the photos on starwarshelmets.com and I can't see it on the originals. If it is there is is so slight. the bottom edge below the teeth looks very sharp. I may fill it in after all. Apoxie sculpt is really good stuff and I have never had it come loose.