Getting my AP Kit soon

100 per bag for $6, yes please!

Using a Tandy Leather card with wholesale prices, that's a number you can't beat.

Cant beat it. Even buying the 4 different pieces you need it only comes to $20 which is about what you would pay for 15 snaps at a fabric store!

If you do want to use a dremel to cut (for instance weird corners) you can use a cutting wheel. However, as was mentioned before you need to be careful. Sometimes, if i am cutting with the dremel on an actual edge i tape it off with painters tape to get a nice smooth line. Works well.

Edited by sith_241

I've been testing my dremel this weekend, it works great, but i got one question. What dremel attatchment should i use for cutting?

Fiberglass reinforced cutting discs, set dremel at full speed it will cut like in butter. For the straight cuts, use the score and snap technique, just score with exacto knife, I use Olaf brand the ones that you snap off the blades, just score using a ruler, no need to go deep just put a bit of pressure then bend plastic along the scoring line and the plastic will just snap off nice and clean, I actually trimmed a full armor this way in only a few hours no mess but take your time.

Mark

Fiberglass reinforced cutting discs, set dremel at full speed it will cut like in butter. For the straight cuts, use the score and snap technique, just score with exacto knife, I use Olaf brand the ones that you snap off the blades, just score using a ruler, no need to go deep just put a bit of pressure then bend plastic along the scoring line and the plastic will just snap off nice and clean, I actually trimmed a full armor this way in only a few hours no mess but take your time.

Mark

I sure will take my time on this. :) Since it's my first kit of armor i got basically no skill in this so when i get my box, i will study every single piece until there is no more to be studied :lol:

I sure will take my time on this. :) Since it's my first kit of armor i got basically no skill in this so when i get my box, i will study every single piece until there is no more to be studied :lol:

Yes, score and snap will probably still be your primary material removal method as Mark mentions ( he should know on this suit!! :lol: )

Or you could use some lexan scissors! Less risk of screwing up then. :)

I use those too!

Really, you want to have every tool available to you. You may only use it once, but then your suit will be right!

Best tool ever. Might take a while, and your hands will ache after cutting through enough ABS, but it'll cut just where you want it, and there's no risk of slipping.

Where can i get one of those lexan scissors?

I got mine from here http://www.hobbyfabriken.se/verktyg/59-sax.html

They are really cheap where ever you buy them though. Prices seems to be pretty much the same across the globe.