Bells too small

Hi All,

Greetings from the UK. This is my first post so go easy on me all. I need some of your valuable advice... I'm assembling my first kit; ABS. Really happy with it so far. These forums have given me some great advice and I will be tackling my belt tomorrow... My issue is this. The shoulder bells don't sit on my shoulder. Simple reason is I hit the gym at least 6 times a week and so, the muscle is too large to sit inside and them then rest on my shoulder.

If I heat them, will I be able to create a little more width to stop this happening? I have some pictures but can't post from a phone î™

Really appreciate any advice you can give guys,

Dan

Welcome. It would help to know what kit / amor make you're building. If its an FX style kit, the shoulders will already be huge. If it's a screen look derived kit, the shoulders are likely smaller. You could try and stretch them out by heating but it depends on what type you have. Stretching them out will also make them more shallow / narrower. They'll be wider (looking from the side) but will be less deep. They also won't get any taller.

Might want to consider AM or RT mod shoulders?

If you'd mentioned this sooner, I would have offered to swap you for my oversized ones (assuming you're not putting together an AM/FX kit). I'm tiny, so I've been having to trim heaps off of mine.

@ Defiance7x13: Damn, man! How huge are you to not fit into AM? :blink: You monster troops must make the Darth Vaders look bad! :P

You guys are great! Thanks for the quick replies. I've uploaded a pic of the issue I'm having onto my page. Perhaps you can give me advice on whether this is FX or another form. I'm not sure as I'm strating from scratch and learning as I go. Dont get me wrong, I'm loving this journey and am gratful for all the support shown so far. My Shepperton helmet is on route and then hopefully I can overcome my hurdles to hopefully be accepted for membership and then troop with you guys... Awesome

Ji7gRHz.jpg

Armour does not look like FX to me. Not sure what it is though. maybe something TE-derived. But I can tell you that your leg-pieces are on the wrong legs. You should switch places on both thighs and shins.

Edited by Locitus

Armour does not look like FX to me. Not sure what it is though. maybe something TE-derived. But I can tell you that your leg-pieces are on the wrong legs. You should switch places on both thighs and shins.

It could be that he took that photo in the mirror...

No, he took the pic in a mirror.

Look at the ab detail. ;)

Okey okey, the ab detail is looking wierd. It still looks like the sniper knee is on the right leg when I flip the picture in my mind. I will stop ranting about that now. :)

Edit: Some image magic, and I take back everything I said. Sorry! :)

Edited by Locitus