Flexible shoulder bridges

Nassik

If the proposed standards for the RoTJ Centurion go through, a lot of RoTJ troopers are going to need new shoulder bridges. There's already a thread dedicated to the material used for these bridges so I won't restart it here. My curiosity is simple... where will we find these new shoulder bridges since most of us have rigid plastic bridges?

I agree with you now and I did in the thread talking about the subject of the shoulder bridge material.

The proposed Centurion standards state that:

"Shoulder Straps:

# These must be glued in front.

# These must be secured in in back.

# Shoulder straps must be made foam other of flexible material instead of rigid plastic."

I still think that the bridges in the film were rigid plastic but these proposed standards weren't written by me. Despite my opinion, the standards look as if they will require flexible shoulder bridges. In light of that, where would we locate those bridges?

Edited by Nassik

My ABS shoulder straps are flexible :D

The Centurion standards need to be changed if that's what they state. The idea (as I understand it) is to have a replica of a screen used suit (or as close as). With that in mind, you need to have the ABS straps velcro'd to both your chest and back plates.

My existing bridges are HIPS straps that Velcro to the chest and back. I'd rather not have to swap them out but the standards aren't up to me.

Some tie-pilots in my garrison have rubber shoulder bridges with ribs on them. Like the tk-s but blakc and rubber instead. While I agree with TM here, aksing around in TIE forums might be a good idea if you really wat flexible rubber bridges.

A good suggestion. Thanks, Locitus. I'm hoping that the Centurion standard gets sorted and that we won't have to get the flexible bridges. But it's good to have somewhere to start looking if we're forced to change our bridges.