trying to strap everything

Hey everyone,

I have been in the process of strapping up my check, back ab, kidney, and butt.

My first question: Is it acceptable to have gaps between the back, kidney and butt? It seems the only way I can get everything to sit where its supposed to, there is about a 1 inch gap between them all. All pics I have found, there is virtually no gap.

Second, The kidney plate seems to "flare" out where it is supposed to meet my ab plate, and you notice it from the front. This is undoubtedly caused by my "love handles", but is there anything I should do about it?

Third, all the weight from the back pieces is making the chest pull upwards a bit, and it is making my neck a bit uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do about this as well. I am thinking of just making the straps tighter between my ab and kidney, and in turn tighter straps from the ab to the chest to try and hold it down.

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for your help! :D

Are you thin?

I had to cut about 2/3" off the sides of mine, then take a heat gun to them to make them sit more flat on my sides. Otherwise I looked like a fish

How tall are you?

You can pull your butt plate up and let the 011 plate droop down a bit if that helps you?

You can cut a little away from your neck line, but it starts to pull back up again, you need to fasten it to your ab plate more tightly...?

Edited by john danter

What's it look like with your belt on? Is there still a gap?

Hey Ricky, unfortunately I haven't bought a belt yet. The way I have been blowing through these snaps I may not be able to get one for a while. lol

Hey Ricky, unfortunately I haven't bought a belt yet. The way I have been blowing through these snaps I may not be able to get one for a while. lol

Oh the snaps. Yeah I'm on hold again as I've run out of snaps. I've used about 25 so far and should have more on monday.

I'm also waiting on a belt so I can ty and sort out my side closure. I'm not happy with it at the moment.

I'm sure once you do get a belt and have everything together you can make it look better.

I switched it around, but I am still having the same problems with the back. There is still a gap between the sections. I am not sure what to do, been working on strapping this thing up for about 15 hours over 2 days, and still not past these pieces.

The canvas belt is absolutely something you need to add to your fitting trials.

it keeps everything together!

flip your kidney plate around and add that and then just shorten all the connections a bit.

The canvas belt is absolutely something you need to add to your fitting trials.

it keeps everything together!

flip your kidney plate around and add that and then just shorten all the connections a bit.

If they were shorter, I don't think the butt would be far enough down. I don't know why I am having so much trouble with this.

Edited by Wiggleplum

If they were shorter, I don't think the butt would be far enough down. I don't know why I am having so much trouble with this.

If you were to leave a 1" - 1.5" or so gap between your butt plate and your cut kidney plate, would this make the gap even less?

As your belt is 3" wide, you could have no armour there as nobody would see it. I'm not 100% sure how it'd look, but you could give it a go.