Postage in the US

john danter

I post to our brothers in the states quite often. Handplates, ears, lenses shoulder bells etc.

Some things take DAYS to get there (Daetrin's handplates only took a few days!!) whilst other things take ages.

I recently helped out a chap in the US, Michael Torrez by buying him a UK Tron toy and posting it out. This cost us £22 and I was told it would take days. I took well over a month!!!

So like I said, a small airmail packet sent to Paul took just days, simple airmail, nothing fancy.

Then when I do pay a lot for super dooper postage it makes no difference to the service between us.

Does it make a difference where in the states you live? Which coast etc.

Anyone else notice this irregularity with the US postage chaps. And to think Lance Armstrong was sponsored by them :)

John

same thing happened in Canada! My wife is a ebay seller( some girlly stuff).She use a service called "small parcel service" by Canadian Post-office, which is cheaper but no tracking # (at first, we have a little bit worry about this, but so far, No missing parcel!). By this kind service, we find parcels shipped to States ,only need 3-4days no matter which coast!! One parcel wo shipped to Russia only cost 7days. But One time a buyer in Italy asked for a tracking # so we have to send it by ground primiery Express service which is much more expensive . Guess what's the result? 4 month!!!!!

i don't ship things too often, but one thing i always laugh about with USPS is that everything is called first class mail.... or you can pay extra for "faster shipping" lol. shouldn't the faster mail be first class and everything else just be w/e else they want to call it? like flying somewhere, there's your general seating (coach) and then for more comfort and the extra bucks there's first class... that makes since. USPS is just weird. :P

I am constantly surprised at the length of time some packages take. Also notice that alot of stuff goes missing at certain times. Christmas is a nightmare. The postal service here in America is weak, but some other countries are even worse. On my hate list are: Mexico, Spain, Denmark, Brunei, China. These always take a while. UK is really bad around Christmas and "boxing day" or "bankers day". I ordered some trim from sealsdirect and it took 5 weeks to get here "expidited" at christmas. Made no difference at all. :(

Here in the US postage is going up in April and Priority went up again in January.

But, on the bright side MOST of my stuff goes through with no problems and even customs stuff is breazy.

The USPS doesn't make sense. When I was in graduate school my grandmonther sent me a birthday card. Now she lived only 45 minutes away. It took two weeks to get to me. When it arrived there were two extra postmarks on it. One from Boston, MA and one from Dallas, TX. I was living in Utah at the time. So for some reason my birthday card went clear across the county and back before arriving at my apartment. I kept the envelope because I didn't think anyone would believe me.

I really dislike the USPS. Wish they could get their act together.