Hey everyone...glad this section has been added! As some of you know, i do make some prop/costume pieces at the moment. I dont go for super duper prop replica, but more for a nice accurate looking costume piece. I have made fiberglass Vader helmets based off of the old Don Post Classic action helmet. I did quite a few modifications on it and may update the masters in the future...who knows. Ive also built a Boba Fett helmet form scratch which im very proud of. Im actually currently tweaking a casting and making it the new master as there were a few things i wanted to tweak a bit more. But now i am ready to move onto the next level of armor making.....this has been a long time coming, and will probably still be a ways away....but my basic vac table set up should be a go by the summer or sooner. I have many plans for scupting and vac-forming armor for alot of my fave characters. Along with an animated clone, Snowtrooper, bikerscout, and TIE pilot....The mighty TK is in the mix of course. I also plan on making things like the oldschool Gatchaman/g-force/battle of the planets helmets, and an oldschool BSG Cylon Centurion. Plus of course other various small parts like TD pack parts n such. All of these will be my original sculpts/builds.....ill start with smaller stuff of course, but in the long run, the plans are there for many -a great things. Ill post in this thread as i get things going. I will also use this thread to document any TK (or other)sculpts i do to avoid any recasting suspicions. Im very confident i can sculpt a set of TK armor...im a bit wery of the helmet as its SO difficult to do...but i will give it my best go! heres to the fun of making stuff!!:pint1:

hahahaha...well i didnt know if anyone would care to see non-TK stuff.....

ROTJ Vader:

b49VGZI.jpg

ANH Vader:

vwqFV02.jpg

Fett/Mando:

This one is one im going to use for a custom mando, so i filled in the dent.

nJXrMr0.jpg

the entire build folder is here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v392/nycpunker/Scratch%20build%20Fett%20helmet/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ28

Its a bit out of order due to when i added the pics to the folder...but you get the idea lol

I also have made Friday the 13th Hockey masks:

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Thanks bro....Aside from the recent finishing of the mando( i started it in March 09!) The rest is all older done with stuff. Havent made a hock in a looong while. Vader im pretty much done with for a while. I want to focus on the Vac forming bucks and the vac forming itself now. As you may have noticed...i LOVE making stuff!

Great work! If you make an accurate version of the Gatchaman helmet, count me in for one! :D

you got it bro! Its definitely in the plans!Ive wanted one for years but rarely saw them. Plus alot of the time they were the newer 90s versions...i like the classic 79-80s versions so it looks like im going to have to make them myself haha. Definitely in the plans!

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Hi really nice.

I want to have a go at casting a helmet in the future so will pick your brains if ok.

I can sculpt and cast but not used to such complex casts as a helmet.

Hope to speak soon and many thanks, love the Mando

Best wishes

Gra

A great forum page by the way, I love the making side so I will follow this closely

• 1 year later...

Well...this never came to fruition lol. I do still hope to get a small table going though. whether ill do major TK stuff or not, not really sure, but im sure ill do smaller TK things like inner drop boxes ESB/ROTJ handplates...and other character stuff like Fett.

Bare with me folks, it'll happen eventually lol