Cover strips

Hi everyone. Sorry to ask a question that has already been covered but I did a search and came up with a couple of different answers so thought I should check. What size are the cover strips for the arms and legs.

Many thanks and sorry again for this same old question.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Noel. Just cut the first piece of my AP kit. S C A R Y !

Especially scary when you start loosing appendages. Keep a steady hand and clear head. :D

thanks everyone, now i can resume the build! my AP kit didn't come with any instructions. Are the backs required to have strips or could i overlap the backs of the thighs and shins?

Depends on how screen accurate you want to be. For ROTJ you can overlap the thighs. Regardless of what movie you're representing you can velcro close the thighs and still get 501st approval. I think the strips help strengthen the durability of the parts so for ANH/ESB, butt join the parts and put the strip over it. The shins don't have to have strips since the mold line sorta creates a facade of one but I recommend them for ANH/ESB.