Anyone manage to make a removeable scope rail?

SamJ

I've decided to turn the deac that I'm getting into an ESB blaster if only to use my m32 BUT it's an old spec and I'd like to keep it so it's fully strippable including the rail.

I know I can get Chicago screws which give the appearance of rivets but as far as I'm aware the shank is to thick to pass through the rear sight.

Anyone got any suggestions as to alternatives?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I drilled a hole into the top of my sterling barrel, and use a nut and screw to hold the back end. The front just notches in the first hole there towards the front.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

you can notch bend the front into the last vent hole, and put a 6/32 bolt and nut assembly all the way though the rear sight.

it looks a lot better than the rear bolt, but some were attached exactly that way.

the 6/32 bolts are usually available at the big home store.

On 3/12/2011 at 8:22 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

you can notch bend the front into the last vent hole, and put a 6/32 bolt and nut assembly all the way though the rear sight.

it looks a lot better than the rear bolt, but some were attached exactly that way.

the 6/32 bolts are usually available at the big home store.

This is exactly how I attached mine and can easily remove it if I needed to.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Steves suggestion leaves little markings on the sterling

The scope rail is held in between the tension of being bent into the last vent hole (file little grooves in the rail bend so it bites into the vent hole) and being stuck into the rear flip sight

I did it to mine also

• 3 weeks later...

Something that way:

------------

The end of the scoperail is L-shaped downwards, and a small Allen-screw goes through the rearsights hole into the threaded "L".

Not the best pic (wasn´t made to show that special detail), but you can see the cylindrical head of the Allen-head inside the sight.

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...

Make the front bend go into the last vent hole and pot rivet the rear into the flip down iron sight. I change the scopes on mine from time to time when doing prop parties and its easier to remove the rail , you have to drill the rivet out but its no biggie.

Does anyone have any real nice pics of this type of configuration on their blaster, also is there a template which lays out exactly where to put the holes for the scope?

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Sterling through today, Its not an old spec deactivation but has the moving slide, and also has slight trigger movement. Can someone please put up some pictures showing exactly how the rail should be attached either end.

I want to pass the rail into the last/first vent hole (depending which way you look down the barrel) and screw the rail into the back so I can detach it.

I think I've worked out a nice solution to enable me to interchange the counters/scopes on the rail without actually having to resort to removing it so I can configure it in many ways, but only time will tell.