Three styles of Eagle counter?

I got some counters through the other day and have just noticed there are three styles of Eagle counter; one with 'HENGSTLER' written on it, one with the eagle and two screws visible through the socket and another with only one screw visible through the socket. The eagles on the two counters without 'HENGSTLER' written on them are also different.

Were all of these used on E-11s or just the two screw Eagle and the one with 'HENGSTLER' on it?

Edited by SamJ

The were two different Hengtler Eagle counters used in ANH.

Big Eagle no "Hengtler" logo, and Eagle with "Hengtler" logo:

henglogos.jpg

Great find Sam, post some pix please!

I see what you are talking about, I have never seen that variant before. From what I have read and seen they had two screws, one above and one below the logo, no matter if it was the "big eagle" or the eagle with the Hengstler logo. But, you never know, as cobbled together as the weapons were on ANH, anything is possible.

Sameagle-1.jpg

I received two counters today, both old versions. One has the large eagle and only one screw hole and the other has no logo at all. The one with the eagle also has a metal socket, but it's not brass like others I've seen It's more like a Gray alloy of some kind. If anyone has an eagle with the two screws and a metal socket they would think of selling let me know. Cheers

eagle1a.jpg

By andy19422 at 2011-02-12

eagle2x.jpg

By andy19422 at 2011-02-12

• 2 months later...

There is another version, imho the most used: Standard version with a Hengstler "H" on the place and in the size of the big eagle.

Eagles are usually a sign for beeing used or produced for Government or civilian authorities. On one you can read: "Patent applied for DBP angem." DBP is "Deutsche BundesPost" (German Federal Postal Service) - up to some years before the complete postal service was in federal hands. Maybe they were used in the machines to count letters/making automated printed stamps......

you can see from andy's old hengstlers that the number plate is much different.

I am lucky enough to have the brass socket hengstler eagle from andy.

the number plate on mine is all white numbers on black wheels.

I also have 3 with the eagle 2 screw version with 2 yellow numbers on the right hand side.

there is also the non eagle version with the numbers 611 embossed in brass.

see the 890 versions above... those are even more different.

all in all we seem to have a lot more than just 3 versions of hengstler...

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I see what you are talking about, I have never seen that variant before. From what I have read and seen they had two screws, one above and one below the logo, no matter if it was the "big eagle" or the eagle with the Hengstler logo. But, you never know, as cobbled together as the weapons were on ANH, anything is possible.

Sameagle-1.jpg

I think you mean one like this:

Eagle.JPG

• 3 months later...