Plastic belt buttons

Browsing the forums and looking at various pics, I've noticed that all the costume belts have white 'buttons' on them.

One in the middle and one on each side.

As you can see from a pic of my belt, I don't have any and the armor didn't come with any to glue on either.

Is this a 'must have'? Or can I get away with having the belt blank?

If I DO need to have 'buttons' what are they actualy called? I can post a WTB then.

Thanks guys.

i1cdFCJ.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Most armour belts come with them moulded on , certainly the center one. The two outer ones were to hide the rivets holding the plastic box section onto the fabric belt I think ...just superglue on some small circles of plastic ??

many people put rivets behind these caps, on some armors they are part of the belt plastic.

you should be able to get a set of caps from TM or john danter in the UK.

I take a different path when I assemble my belt-

drill a small hole at each point where the caps go, and use a screw post to assemble them.

I glue the cap to the top of the screw post with epoxy and then put the cap through the belt.

the main reason for this is that you can remove and change up your belt's canvas, and switch up your

way of trooping from different films.

for ANH you switch belt and holster and blaster, and ESB you also change belt and holster and blaster.

making this part with screw posts is key to making it easy to switch it up!

-----------

Black TX caps shown untrimmed and ready for epoxy. you usually have to coat the top of the

metal before gluing, as some kinds of glues can warp plastic when metal is present.

DONT USE e-6000 for this!!

from the looks of it you're also going to have to purchase a canvas belt.

TK 4510 is your best bet on this part!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Most armour belts come with them moulded on , certainly the center one. The two outer ones were to hide the rivets holding the plastic box section onto the fabric belt I think ...just superglue on some small circles of plastic ??

this is not the case... only armors like the old FX came with those parts moulded on.