Big Head

Hello everyone, I am in the process of building my ATA helmet, and have everything bolted and secured but the only way I can get it on is to turn it sideways...Should I just trim more off or do I just have a huge head. Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks

Billy (Billhag) started a topic along the same lines as this. Here is the link:------

BTW, the people who wore the TK armor in the OT movies had to turn their head sideways or turn the helmet sideways.

Take a look at the 1978 "Making of Star Wars" at 5:56 minute mark you will see one of the TK lids being put on:

Also, watch Luke and Han when they take off and put on the Stormtrooper helmets, they do the twist/turn deal as well. :smiley-sw013:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

What on earth where they twisting on his ankle?

TM answered this in an older thread... can't find it. And can't remember what it was, either.

I'm getting old....

edit: I think this is one of the elastics that held the thighs together on the originals

edit 2: Found it!

Edited by Sonnenschein

On 1/27/2011 at 9:34 PM, BlueGrot said:

I have a huge head, can't pad much inside my lid without getting the eyes too high.

I guess you now know why Luke Skywalker say, "I can't see a thing in this helmet" :smiley-sw013:

But, actually as you can see the original lids did had a lot of padding to them...

Just the one piece of the foam padding (like for seat cushions) cut in a rough four leaf pattern.

UzmS8jU.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

On 1/27/2011 at 10:41 PM, RogueTrooper said:

I guess you now know why Luke Skywalker say, "I can't see a thing in this helmet" :smiley-sw013:

But, actually as you can see the original lids did had a lot of padding to them...

Just the one piece of the foam padding (like for seat cushions) cut in a rough four leaf pattern.

UzmS8jU.jpg

Hi Tom i wounded where my lid went ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 1/27/2011 at 11:16 PM, SW1 said:

Hi Tom i wounded where my lid went ;)

I thought your name is Mr. Set For Stun, not Stephen. Actually my middle name is Stephen/Steve, since the lid has my name in it, I claim it first. :P

I have been trying to tell LFL for years that it was my lid, and asked them, can't you see my name in it? The only thing that I have gotten back from them are some letters that said "Cease and Desist". Its got too many big fancy words for me to worry about, so I just keep contacting them everyday in plain english telling them I want my helmet, don't you undestand? Hopefully one day they will get the message. :lol:

I1fD8bu.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Yes your quite right mate iam mr set for stun but i went mad with the masking tape and put it in 4 Tk Lids back in the day shall we see what LFL have to say Tom :lol:

On 1/28/2011 at 2:47 AM, SW1 said:

Yes your quite right mate iam mr set for stun but i went mad with the masking tape and put it in 4 Tk Lids back in the day shall we see what LFL have to say Tom :lol:

Have a look at the lid now Mr. Set for Stun! :P:P;):lol::D

476QQlZ.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...