Need a favour next time you get in your car

There is a found part on the helmet of the Clone Firefighter that is believed to come from a door jamb vent. If you have these on your vehicle could please have a look for me and post if it is or isn't a match to the part on this guys cheek. If you think I'm barking up the wrong tree please tell me.

Thanks

Picture courtesy of Banzai88 on CTN.

a9caaa34.jpg

Will do, + I have a friend that has a used car lot. Next time I am over there,I with look at all the different vehicles on his lot.

I could just see the salesman's face if you asked to see all the vehicles on the lot just for the vent, :huh::blink:

I think they only appear on specific models and they're really common on older cars. I don't have them on mine and can't find a match on the internet.

Thanks for the offers of help guys, much appreciated! :)

Yeah, the rest are all CGI but this one is real. The front of the mask is a 3M 6800/6900 respirator, the boots are Frank Thomas Armasports and, I think, that bit going over the grill bit on the nose is part 75 of the Revell V-8 kit.

That's what it looks like to me. I t5hink it may be from 2 door GM G body vehicles. Look for mid 80's Olds Cutlass, Buick Regals, Chevy Monte Carlo's, & Pontiac Gran Prix's. I hope I'm right, and this helps! :D

Yeah, the rest are all CGI but this one is real. The front of the mask is a 3M 6800/6900 respirator, the boots are Frank Thomas Armasports and, I think, that bit going over the grill bit on the nose is part 75 of the Revell V-8 kit.

My guess is that its way cheaper to do one helmet than make a CG version as its only seen a few moments.

I think that helmet is really cool btw!

The initial scenes with the fireship pilot were filmed in Oz and used a mate of mine called Ali Keshavji.

Unfortunatley during pic ups back in the UK it was decided it would be "fun" to stick John Knoll in the suit and re film the scenes.

As it was filmed in Oz intially my bet would be that they used a part from an aussie car.

I have a pic of Ali in the suit behind the scenes if its any use to you? ( got a load more somewhere but damned if i can find em. :( )

n564445663_1711460_7885.jpg

Wow! Cheers for the photo and the tip. If you find those others could you let us know. They would be the grail of reference material for this costume.

I'll have a word and see what he's got in case I can't find mine . ( I know there on one of these bleedin disks ).