Advice on Hero Helmet

Im nearing completion on a CAP rebuild i recently purchased one from a member on the RPF and it was in a very very poor state, so much so i had to take it all apart and turn it into a sandtrooper Helmet to hide the flaws, ive tried to turn it into the "Move along Trooper" not an exact replica due its state but very similar..... anyway once ive completed this project i want to have a go at putting together another helmet in the Style of Luke Skywalkers hero helmet.

what in your opinions would be the best helmet to use for this project and also are there any other special bits i need to consider

Hi Simon ,

IN my imho i would say the TM Hero lid not just saying that because i have one but used to have a SDS hero to but it seemed to me well over sized and it was very thin to esayly cracked here are some photos of my TM Hero lid :)

fvdU1Nk.jpgBlsi4CA.jpgFcPG06E.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Hi Simon ,

IN my imho i would say the TM Hero lid not just saying that because i have one but used to have a SDS hero to but it seemed to me well over sized and it was very thin to esayly cracked here are some photos of my TM Hero lid :)

i want to avoid the sds ON PRINCIPLE but thats another story.

Loving the Hero look of your helmet thanks for sharing.

TM it is then that was quick and easy wasnt it lol

I think TM is probably the best right now. If price/lead time becomes an issue, the AP is able to be made to a nice Hero as well.

I found there was a little more clearance under the chin (bumping into your chest / neck) than the stunts which were often assembled with a higher brow as well. Overall, they are pretty close in overall size though.

BTW: I have moved this topic to the helmets and armor discussion forum