How do I trim armor?

I have looked and can't find a definitive answer. I bought some armor and it's way to big and I need to trim the thigh, ab, back and butt pieces. I want to do it right the first time of course. Basically I want to know what to use to cut it. Do I use a carpenters knife or something else?

I have looked and can't find a definitive answer. I bought some armor and it's way to big and I need to trim the thigh, ab, back and butt pieces. I want to do it right the first time of course. Basically I want to know what to use to cut it. Do I use a carpenters knife or something else?

Hi.

I've build 4 armors , some thinner or thicker than the other and what i've used was a dremel,exacto knife ,scissors, a grinder with cutting discs, sand paper,my oven to bend the plastic ...

Just take your time. Search in the armor building section you'll find tutorials and videos.

Pat :)

Exactly. As my favourite is tin shears and plastic curved scissors

A bit of wire wool and she's a beauty!

Everyone does it differently. I feel scissors give you more control but take longer than a score and snap

Only thing I won't suggest is a bread knife :)

I use a chainsaw. I find the level of control is second to none.....:laugh1:

seriously though, I use a mixture of utility knife and snap it along the score line or scissors for cutting plastic , depending what parts I'm cutting.

If you have some scrap I suggest trying out all the given techniques and find what works best for you.

Edited by sskunky

:huh: We suppose to trim this stuff!?!?! :blink::unsure: Ah, now I see, that's why my suit is sooo hard to wear... <_< :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, here is a link that gives you the basic tools needed for armor building:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed