How to use a Rivet Tool

if i dont want to use rivets on my armor can i use plastic weld or something. do you think glueing the parts people rivet would cause any problems

This might depend on which parts you are looking to glue. For things like the shoulder straps glue works well because there isn't generally a lot of movement in such areas. I don't know how well glue works for something like the sniper plate, though. I've heard more than a few stories of plates or cartridge belts falling off after they have been glued because of the extra stress placed on them from their positions on the legs. That's not to say that something like plastic weld can't work at all, just that it seems less reliable than using rivets/screws/bolts.

• 11 months later...

Thought I would share some pics of my rivet experience today. Started out frustrating...ended up very happy with the results. :)

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 11 years later...
8 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

All the links and photos are broken, can please anyone show me pictures of the snaps, rivets, or whatever i have to use?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Correct it's a thread from 2009 so no wonder images aren't showing.

A few snap threads:

When in doubt try the "search function" a lot of info can be found ;)