helmet re-do.

Well the pine-sol solution did not work. Oh well, lets try out the alcohol. I could not find the link Graham, could you resend it?

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

This is what you are after, but being US you will get it a lot cheaper I imagine.

Maplin do but not sure what size.

It will remove paint with rubbing on a cloth but for best results soak for a little while then rub with a soft tooth brush.

This stuff smells strong but it is nearly pure alcohol, it evaporates on your skin very quickly with a cold feeling,they alos use for sterilising.

If there are any US guys could you confirm a US link.

If not mate just google IPA, Isopropyl alcohol and you will get a US link easy..

I am confident this will work mate, unless it has been painted with some heat resistant space rocket/nuclear weapon paint :-)

http://www.mistralni.co.uk/details.php?id=52&gclid=CMa5xI7G-6MCFd_-2AodTTPWIQ

Edited by tk7713gra30

Hi Caleb,

I know you have put a lot of work into this, but the rear dents jus seem a bit much to me, looks like it is made of solid material rather than plastic.

please don't think I am being negative and sorry to be harsh, I know they were rough but its a little too much fo me.

A scim with some filler would get rid of most .

Really looking forward to seeing it done mate

regards

gra

I was going to add bondo to the dents in the back before i painted, but I personally liked the busted up look. The lighting in the photo also enhances the depth of the dents, in person, its not all that bad, and you dont really notice unless you got up close. Other than that, I think it gives the helmet a more grittier feel to it and personality. As for the HDPE effect on the ears, that was an accident. I have already sanded that area down and brushed gloss white paint over top to hide the chipping.

Thanks for the input. B)

• 4 weeks later...