Shopping list

hello all, as u can see buy the number of post i have made i'm a newb :mellow: So heres the thing i now have my armour in a big box looking all clever on top of the walldrobe, due to being on a relly tight budget (only working part time) i went ahead and bought a set of the most popular armour with the oversized "flower pot" as you all seem to like to call it ( in time i hope to replace it). I have done loads of reserch on what diffent glues and ways of putting the armour together but still not sure what item's i'll be needing when i pop down to B&Q, so as most of you know what ur doing i was wondering if u could give me a "shopping list" of products that would help me to complete this task.

Whoooo now wasn't that long winded.......

I had a play last night with the bucket taping it together with some good ole masking tape to get a feel of it but theres a big gap down each side where the face mask and bak should meet i'll get bak to you on this matther as i think i can work this problem out. I post later on to see if u agree if this will work.

Thx for all your advice in advance and for letting me ramble on for so long.

Hi Jester,

The only things I get from B&Q are the machine screws for the ear caps. They do sell industrial velcro though if you want some of that. You'd be best off trying your local fabric shop for elastic or you can buy big rolls on ebay quiet cheaply. Here's a short list of things you'll probably need.

1. Glue (Not sure what's best fro ABS)

2. Black elastic- 2", 1.5", 1" and 3/4" for holding armour together

3. White elastic 1/4" for shoulder strap keeper

4. Snaps

5. Canvas for belt

6. White velcro for belt

7. Clamps for holding armour together while glue sets

That should keep you busy for a while.

-Paul.

right went off to b&q today think i got evrything i need now to start assembling soon( still trimming off the acess on bits)

was unsure about the glue seeing that every one uses diffent types i.e the abs cement and the 2 tube stuff

hopefully i think this should do the trick

-------

just remembered forgot the elestic and snaps no matter no rush

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020