ANH drop box

langy

having taken my kit apart for slight mods, i've hit a snag,

everytime i see a set of armour, whether it be a 'screen accurate or a trooping set' the positon of the drop boxes seem to change from picture to picture,

what is position of the screen accurate drop boxes?

at what point do they attach to the ammo belt?......are they in-line with the edges of the 'square' sections at the edges of the belt?

can anybody provide a few pictures of a screen accurate..or fully cleared ammo belt so i can clear up this slight prob and get them attached in the correct position

many thanks guys

I attach them to the ends directly from the end 2 belt squares.

a chicago screw post helps to attach my belt, the drop box webbing, and the AB plate all together

into one large package.

The correct way is to have them lined up with the very edge of the plastic ammo belt. Leave a very small gap between the top of the box and the ammo belt and use 1" white elastic looped over your canvas belt and held to the back of your box with a single cap rivet. That's how they are are on screen anyway.

5VivFB6.jpg

WI4ihNI.jpg

This is how mine are aligned.

Although they align slightly inside they would typically be flush to the edges as if you held a straight edge down the belt and drop boxes. I just happen to miss it when I took the photo and didn't align perfectly. They do sit right when wearing though.

Belt-assembly.jpg

I use the chicago screws as well.

holster-belt-screws.jpg

holster-assembled.jpg

Edited by Tray