Stormtrooper Helmet visors

Hey everyone! Im sorry if theres another post about this, if so please send me the link to that post and delete this one because I couldn't find a post related to my question. So my question is.....What are the flat visors made out of and is it possible to find the martial at local stores? My reason for asking is so I an start making a "spare parts" box for my Royal Guard and my soon to be done Stormtrooper gear.

The movie suits used a piece of green acetate, but a sturdier alternative is welding shield. It's the proper green but doesn't let light through so when flash photography goes off people don't see your eyes in the pictures. I don't remember the welding shield number, I want to say #5 or 6, but someone should be able to chime in with that.

Welders shield for trooping durability, acetate for accuracy.... although stage lighting gels are uber accurate... a good independently owned art supply store should have the green, and also red for the Royal Guard, in large, inexpensive square sheets for a few bucks each, just cut what you need.

It's not acetate actually, it's basic green gel used in theatre and film lightning. Known brands are Rosco or Lee. Google it.

The gel is dark enough that in most pictures your eyes are not seen. Only in a direct, frontal picture taken very close with flash pointing at your eyes can you see them.

The gel is a bit flimsy, though.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering for those that have done the lighting gel for the lens, do you have any recommendations on the color number from one of the lighting brands that is closest to what would have been used on screen? I see that there can be a few shades of green on some gel companies and I wasn't sure which color # or color type is best to use. Thanks for any thoughts on that from the experts.

I was wondering for those that have done the lighting gel for the lens, do you have any recommendations on the color number from one of the lighting brands that is closest to what would have been used on screen? I see that there can be a few shades of green on some gel companies and I wasn't sure which color # or color type is best to use. Thanks for any thoughts on that from the experts.

Primary green. It's usually #139 or #91, depending on brand.

Cheers.

I saw someone mentioned the number 5 shade. In my experience number 5 has been too dark. Its great on a sunny day but has a tendency to leave you blind in places that are not well lit. Number 3 hides your eyes very well and wont blind you in darker areas.