Just Bought an efx helmet

Guest jedislayer5000

Guest jedislayer5000

i know it has to be modded in order to be acceptable for an ANH trooper... but as far as ive seen, besides the ears does it have to be modded any more than that to be acceptable as an ESB trooper?

In the CRL Requirements - ESB it says: "Frown must be painted black and not leave the teeth area."

Looks like you`ve got to do some more painting in this area.

On 10/24/2010 at 10:06 PM, TKRobert said:

Take a look at this post...

---------

Ā 

This link states that you need to replace the mic tips, which you don't. They are acceptable.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Guest jedislayer5000
On 10/24/2010 at 6:31 PM, Spaar said:

In the CRL Requirements - ESB it says: "Frown must be painted black and not leave the teeth area."

Looks like you`ve got to do some more painting in this area.

Ā 

isnt the frown already black and not leaving the teeth area?

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Guest jedislayer5000

This link states that you need to replace the mic tips, which you don't. They are acceptable.

Ā 

ya i noticed that too, the mic tips as i have seen close up on youtube videos looks exactly like the replacement hovi mic tips, i dont see anything wrong with the ones it comes with... but what i really wanted to know was if i had to do any really heavy modifying of the helmet such as raising the brow etc

Guest jedislayer5000

The bare minimum requirements are putting in darker lenses so your eyes can't be seen, and filling in the seam at the mouth.

Ā 

heh ya i am planning on that because i def dont want people being able to see in... i may just get a welding lens, but i pmd someone on the forums here about lenses he sells for 4.00 and ya that seam is ugly lol

Guest jedislayer5000
On 10/29/2010 at 7:30 AM, Aid said:

I just got that bucket too. That thing fits my head perfectly. I need to mic and fan mine up still.

Ā 

awesome, hope mine fits good! i purchased these lenses --------

On 10/29/2010 at 8:00 AM, jedislayer5000 said:

awesome, hope mine fits good! i purchased these lenses-------

Ā 

Ā 

I didnt need the extra padding for a snug fit due to my huge melon :duim: . Those lenses look cool tho

Edited by gmrhodes13

Guest jedislayer5000

I didnt need the extra padding for a snug fit due to my huge melon :duim: . Those lenses look cool tho

Ā 

rly O: you werent joking about big head lol, i dont have a big head so id prolly look like a bobblehead lmao

• 3 months later...
On 10/29/2010 at 8:00 AM, jedislayer5000 said:

awesome, hope mine fits good! i purchased these lenses-------

Ā 

Thanks for the link up _ i just ordered the combo too - can't wait til it gets here

Ā 

How was the install?

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 2 weeks later...

I have that same padding in my efx helmet and its great. i did have to cut it up to get it to fit though because its made for an fx helmet. heres a pic of it

Ā 

I've always wondered about these helmet liners...don't they make it super hot inside?

I have that same padding in my efx helmet and its great. i did have to cut it up to get it to fit though because its made for an fx helmet. heres a pic of it

Ā 

Thanks for the pic - nice to see what it'll look like installed. I see that there's not a lot of space after that goes in - i was going to install the helmet fan right below chin - seems to be a little space there - does the helmet liner pad it up there too much? I have the eFX too - how much cutting we talking about? Where if you don't mind too?

Ā 

Thanks G-zilla

sorry it took so long to respond to the questions. i had to cut the helmet liner into 5 differant peices, the face, the back and the top peice, there was no room for the section that has the straps to hold electronics or whatever so i cut the velcro straps off then cut it in half and used the sides that were stitched up neatly to cover the rough cuts along the face peice. ill try to post some more pics toight or tomorrow.

i think theres space for a voice amp but i havent actually tried to put one in yet but im waiting for one to arive so when it does ill post some pics of that too.

as for the question about the helmet being too hot, im not really sure because i havent really worn it for any extended perion of time but i dont think it would get that hot because its made of a nice foam and mesh material.