ROTJ Chin Strap Snap/Popper Brand

These are the 14mm jobs that came up on eBay recently by the looks of it. I was monitoring them but decided not to bid in the end. I wasn't convinced that they were the right size. They pop up quite regularly in various states but this last lot were in good condition.

Paul, do you believe that these snaps are the correct size at 14mm? If the elastic on Joe's helmet is 20mm wide, the snaps on the strap are almost certainly only 12mm in diameter (head).

Hey, at least we didn't get into a bidding war! :D

These snaps are the same size as the ones I had already. I took a sample to RS props and they matched the snaps on Simons suit 100%

The original elastic chin straps are 25mm wide - not 20mm.

OK, thanks. Should've snagged 'em!

I think they might pop up again so I would get them next time.

I have enough to last me a life time so I won't be bidding on any that are offered. Just remember you will need a special setting tool for them. They are unlike all other snaps on the market so all the tools you might have are useless on these Newey snaps.

I think they might pop up again so I would get them next time.

I have enough to last me a life time so I won't be bidding on any that are offered. Just remember you will need a special setting tool for them. They are unlike all other snaps on the market so all the tools you might have are useless on these Newey snaps.

I'll look into it. I'll give the coloured headed ones and the bronze ones a miss though I reckon! :laugh1:

Edited by Rick330

I don't know, the red ones look quite attractive :D

I do have a bunch of brass snaps that I bought a while back, and I think they could be fine for ROTJ. I am pretty sure I have seen the brass snaps on the tour suits, but whether they used brass on the ROTJ is anyones guess.

I don't know, the red ones look quite attractive :D

I do have a bunch of brass snaps that I bought a while back, and I think they could be fine for ROTJ. I am pretty sure I have seen the brass snaps on the tour suits, but whether they used brass on the ROTJ is anyones guess.

My ROTJ suit is finished with deliberatly inaccurate snaps and strapping.

My main interest in these is for ANH strapping. I think for the time being using something in a similar style with the right colour looks better than the correct snaps with the wrong colour.

I'll get some proper ones in the end. At least I know what I'm looking for now.