Sci-Fi Con Columbus GA 10-9-10

Smitty

Hey guys! I debuted my Solo Costume at the Coca-Cola Science and Space Center yesterday. It was a great troop, we hung out with Daniel Logan and had a blast as usual there. Heres a few pics!

100_1839.JPG

100_1836.JPG

Honestly Boba, Jabba gave me that card himself and told me that if I presented it to you that you would understandably let me go free...

100_1823.JPG

Nice try Solo but I don't think so!

100_1822.JPG

The majority of the costume came from costumebase on ebay. The jacket and shirt are unmodified. I made the belt tools myself. The black belt I found on ebay and removed the center prong. The holster stinks,it came from costumebase along with the droid caller. I'd like to get a proper holster one of these days if cash ever permits. I tweaked the holster to fit better and removed alot of unneeded material and it fits pretty good now. The blaster is a modified Rubies DL-44. It gets the job done and is light as a feather and was completed for less than $20. The pants were done by a seamstress on ebay and are lightyears ahead of the ones I got from costumebase. My stepmom added the belt loops to the pants and also the pintuck seams down the front of each leg. The boots were some inexpensive costume boots with rubber soles. They are lightweight and are much better quality than I expected when I placed the order. I still need to do a few things to the costume before I submit pictures to the Rebel Legion. I'm missing a belt tool (12 gram CO2 cartridge - if anybody has one and wouldn't mind donating it to me I'm sure I could return the favor), put the riding seam on the butt of the pants and shorten the sleeves just a tad so I dont have to roll them up. The boots I got also double as TIE pilot boots and also come in brown for those loser jedis. Oh yeah and I also need to cap the tip of the holster.

Edited by Smitty

Let me see if i can find one closer to home. I could probably buy a whole box of them from what it would cost to ship it to the States from the UK. But thanks anyway bud!

I'll add to this! What a great time it was! Great to meet you Smitty and Daniel Logan surly gained another fan with how he treated us and his fans. He stayed later then he was suppose to so that he could get every one who wanted to meet him and get autographs in! He was signing multiple autographs. Heck I got 6!

We hung out with him during our meet and greet time, well, after that too. A few of us stayed in the room and talked about reptiles and such with Daniel. Then he came outside and ate lunch with everyone! Then we stood behind him for his Q&A session. We trooped a bit more after that and then went in to get a few more autographs and ended up staying with Daniel till the end of the gig joking around and having fun.

The event was great as it was very laid back. I had to pose for a ton of pictures!!! LOL!

DSCF0702.jpgDSCF0711.jpgDSCF0737.jpgDSCF0749.jpgDSCF0752.jpgDSCF0762.jpgDSCF0765.jpgDSCF0767.jpgDSCF0780.jpgDSC00204.jpg

Here is the link to more info, pictures and a more: http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=84