New Trooper

I am new to all this, and after I read most of the forums about armor and so on, I am lost. I am 6'1" although people say I am taller. Why don't Americans use the metric system...? I was looking at the RT-Mod armor, but the TE2 is also alluring. I am about 150 lbs so tall and skinny. Any help would be appreciated. I live in Carlsbad California near San Diego. Send me a message or an email (ottomeister181@gmail.com). Thanks for everything,

Ottomeister

you would get along just fine with ATA, AP, TM, TE2 or even RT/mod.

RT mod is for really tall troopers, with really large chest and shoulders.

if you're tall and skinny, you'd be swimming inside RT/mod.

I personally would save my pennies and get the TM kit.

longer thighs, and larger arms.

best next to that would be AP.

both are ABS kits and don't require painting.

E-mail sent.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

you would get along just fine with ATA, AP, TM, TE2 or even RT/mod.

RT mod is for really tall troopers, with really large chest and shoulders.

if you're tall and skinny, you'd be swimming inside RT/mod.

I personally would save my pennies and get the TM kit.

longer thighs, and larger arms.

best next to that would be AP.

both are ABS kits and don't require painting.

E-mail sent.

Thank you so much :) I will look out to get that armor. SWEET!!!

With your weight to height ratio, you could possibly get away with one of the more accurate kits, like AP, ATA, TE2, TM, etc. With these you will probably see a little more black between the armor, but if you work at adjusting your suit (how it fits you) you can mask it. The RT-Mod might be a little loose on you, but you can also use padding to compensate and trim down some of the areas. Also the RT-Mod does come pre-trimmed, so you wouldn't have as much work to do except for making it fit to your body frame.

If you haven't seen this about Getting Started it should help you out with the RT-MOD.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think TK Bondservnt was right on the money. The thing you have going for you is that you're thin. The main challenge for suits like the AP (which I have) is weight, not so much height. I'm 6'1" and 185 and the AP fits me great with a bit of shimming at the sides (and yes, you see a bit more black at the joints). You really need a pretty trim build to make those kits work. You shouldn't have to do that if you're only a buck fifty.

If you needs any hands-on help with assembly, or want to try on my AP kit before you make a decision, let me know. I'm about 50 min. south of you.

Edited by Stutz

If you needs any hands-on help with assembly, or want to try on my AP kit before you make a decision, let me know. I'm about 50 min. south of you.

Help would be amazing, and I think I am going to try to get my hands on some TM armor (selling my motorcycle to afford it, hee hee). Does that come with the black underneath or do I have to buy that separately?

The RT-Mod might be a little loose on you, but you can also use padding to compensate and trim down some of the areas. Also the RT-Mod does come pre-trimmed, so you wouldn't have as much work to do except for making it fit to your body frame.

What can you do to fit the suit to different body shapes?

Help would be amazing, and I think I am going to try to get my hands on some TM armor (selling my motorcycle to afford it, hee hee). Does that come with the black underneath or do I have to buy that separately?

You need to (usually) buy the undersuit separately, I've read people using UnderArmor body suits or even dive skins.

Edited by Axle Gatin