What are you cleaning/polishing your TX with

So ive gone further down the rabbit hole and I started amassing components for a TX before my TK has been finished. But now that I have this beautiful shinny black abs in my hot little hands I am noticing smudges and finger prints and worse yet dull areas amongst the shine (I really have to look for them out in the day light) What do I do? Is this to be expected over time? What is the general stance on the life and appearance of ones TX suit. Should it always be pristine and clean or would "trooping wear and tear" and "everyday life" scuffs and bumps be acceptable much like those who dawn the TK armor and don't ever clean it after a troop? I mean, you are a commando after all....

And If did want to clean it, what would be the best suggestion for black unpainted ABS?

Finger prints and general dirt I use a microfiber cloth - works like a charm and gets everything shiny clean.

For polishing I use Novus and it works pretty well. Just take your time and do a good job. The first time I polished and removed a few scratches I kept seeing more and more when I thought I was done ... The black really shows any imperfections.

Also are you also posting on the TX board? http://www.501stspecopsdet.net/forum/

There is a great community over there and a lot of TX specific knowledge.

For example there is a great post comparing Black hole helmets

Novus is great. If you get a nice shine on your armor, it won't matter how many little scratches there are! :D

I cleaned up a thrashed Magma with it, and the thing shines beautifully! About to attempt it again with a Magma I found in even worse condition.

-iz

• 1 year later...

My helmet fell down a few days ago, and after I came out of catatonic state.....I grabbed the novus kit and all scratches came out fine. Also, a fellow white armor had a very nasty scratch on one of its arms and we removed the nuisance with the same kit. Novus is perfect, however, I am not sure how the thing works when you are actually tying to fix something that is painted.