M38 scope acquired! Now what?

I got my hands on an extremely good condition M38A2 Tank Scope and now have to decide what to do with it. I HAVE been thinking about doing a pipe build or maybe "pimping" my Hyperfirm. I dunno, what say the forum? I may consider a trade if you got something interesting. :D

I bought this one.------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Nice find! Personally, I would put a real scope on a pipe kit. I don't know if I would use it so much for trooping, the weight might be an issue?

The scope on the Hyperfirm might make it top heavy handling wise?

Nice find! Personally, I would put a real scope on a pipe kit. I don't know if I would use it so much for trooping, the weight might be an issue?

The scope on the Hyperfirm might make it top heavy handling wise?

I agree, the weight of the scope would easily tear the hard foam rubber if jolted,dropped or kept at a steep angle. Pipe build would be better for it i think.

Derek

Put it on a pipe build mate B)

Check out this thred from ages ago that explains about all the different types of scopes (M19/M32,M38/M40)

including your variation with the sooper-dooper night vision :D , its a cool scope even though it was never

used in the films.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=5555&st=0&p=71462&fromsearch=1entry71462

They can be modified to look like an M38 with a little work. Simon-derekduvalle did a brilliant job on his

one that he put on his fully loaded E11 with Blaster Core B)

Before

FilledM38A2-1.jpg

After

SV100400copy.jpg

And here's what it looks like with the Sooper-dooper night vision :D

SpareM38A24-1.jpg

Nice find mate and I can't wait to see it sitting on top of a nice new blaster :duim:

:)

ya know... an APEX kit is the way to go with somthing like that.

trooping with a sterling and it's weight is nothing.

always talking about how much it weighs, and always wanting a blaster that is light, but indestructable seems

a little un-usual to me.

whenever I take my resin sterling out, and with the real scope, and hengstler, there is only a positive reaction when I

hand the blaster to someone, they almost always say-

"wow, that blaster is nice! and it's got a good weight to it too...!!!"

the m38a scope as pictured in the auction, while a nice piece of history, was not actually used in the films.

none of the scopes have the LED port on the top. while these scopes are in the area of the M38-m40 scope

and they actually work as scopes... it was the M38 (with no letter following) and the M40 and the M19 scope that

were used.

m38a not used-

m38ascope.jpg

here's the APEX kit photo:

Sterling%20Kit%20Kirkland.jpg

and the link to the site:

APEX sterling SMG parts kit

when you build up a kit like this you have to be aware of BATF guidelines in your state.

the hardest parts to find can be magazines. and batf does not like cut down magazines with

original parts inside them. they have to be rendered non-operable especially in california.

even a single tube, can be considered by some tough interpreters in the BATF to be

"an attempt" to make a machine gun.

heh heh... billy! you are quick!

about simon's blaster some things I noticed:

that trigger group: it's painted silver and looks like a home made part with the lower grip added.

the silver paint shows the strange details.

the folding stock looks like it has the ridges from the canadian version which is nice and everything,

but it's also not on the L2A3 version sterling that we're all used to seeing.

(sorry if anyone does not understand the differences between the original sterling, the canadian sterling

or for that matter the new zealand sterlings...)

post disclaimer:

I'm smiling and happy when I write this post, because the quest for accuracy sometimes can be considered

a little weird!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Vern

You're slipping mate :D , I would have thought that you would have hunted Simon's

thraed down by now and seen why the trigger and other parts look home made because

they are. :)

Simon built a beautiful scratch built E11 with a full on Blaster Core system the same

as Pablo's wonderful example B)

Here's the link

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=5937&st=0&p=75884&fromsearch=1entry75884

and here's Pablo's build link and YouTube video

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3475&st=0&p=44683&fromsearch=1entry44683

Simon doesn;t get on here much now as most of his time is taken up with building

some fantastic R2 units :)

Oh, and you were correct about the Canadian pressed steel stock mate, he got it

from a guy on here a couple of years ago.

Vern

You're slipping mate :D , I would have thought that you would have hunted Simon's

thraed down by now and seen why the trigger and other parts look home made because

they are. :)

Simon built a beautiful scratch built E11 with a full on Blaster Core system the same

as Pablo's wonderful example B)

Here's the link

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=5937&st=0&p=75884&fromsearch=1entry75884

and here's Pablo's build link and YouTube video

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3475&st=0&p=44683&fromsearch=1entry44683

Simon doesn;t get on here much now as most of his time is taken up with building

some fantastic R2 units :)

Oh, and you were correct about the Canadian pressed steel stock mate, he got it

from a guy on here a couple of years ago.

thanks billy, yeah... I just thought I'd point out the differences for people who didn't know, just from the photos!

cheers!