Is it okay to get a FX helmet with a AM/RT armor?

I'm planning on getting an AM (or RT if I can afford it) armor but may get an FX helmet. I see a couple of FX helmets on ebay and figured for the price it may not be bad to save me time from building but only if the price is right. But is it okay to do that, to have a different helmet maker than the armor? Thanks!

Jim

The FX helmet is not EIB acceptable. you would have to upgrade if you wanted to become expert infantry.

ATA, TE2 and TM and AP are all acceptable helmets with small modifications on some listed brands.

Ok, thanks guys. I heard that some 501 still wear FX so wasn't sure.

How much better is the RT armor than the AM? Is the AM good enough? Just wondering about the quality and if its worth spending the extra money on the RT.

Both AM and RT are similar in terms of material (ABS), thickness, ease of assembly (both come pretrimmed and don't require painting) and the fact that both are generally better suited for larger troopers but can - with trimming - be made to fit smaller troopers. In fact, I use an RT Mod chestplate & backplate with my AM kit, and the two integrate very well.

Both kits are acceptable for basic 501st membership as well as EIB. I think one of the biggest difference is that the RT kit comes with a preassembled helmet, whereas with the AM - assuming you bought the helmetless "AM Lite" kit - you'd have to find your own helmet.

It's really a personal preference. What I would do is look at photos of both kits, and go with whichever catches your eye more.

FX helmets are still 501st acceptable, but realize that they are not really in production anymore except by recasters. Secondly, they are becoming a vanishing site as well - most events I see they're down to about 10% or so. And, for that price, there are nicer helmets available.

If it were <$100 or so it may be worth it, but certainly not at $150.